X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skirmish
    • May 2017
    • 5.3.x

Apple and Google rejected my app

Google Play rejected my app once for using an App Icon that didn't belong to me. The only photo I used that wasn't created by myself was the "powered by vBulletin" logo for the startup splash. I swapped out that image and resubmitted. They rejected again and suspended my application saying I violated their impersonation policy. They didn't give much explanation so the only thing I can assume was an issue is that they think I'm stealing an app that vBulletin created and passing it off as my own. I emailed an appeal and I'm waiting for a response back.

Apple rejected my app for two reasons.
    • 1. 2 Safety: User Generated Content
    • 2. 1 Performance: App Completeness
    • Guideline 1.2 - Safety - User Generated Content

Your app enables the display of user-generated content but does not have the proper precautions in place.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to implement all of the following precautions:

- Require that users agree to terms (EULA) and these terms must make it clear that there is no tolerance for objectionable content or abusive users
      - A method for filtering objectionable content
      - A mechanism for users to flag objectionable content
      - A mechanism for users to block abusive users
      - The developer must act on objectionable content reports within 24 hours by removing the content and ejecting the user who provided the offending content
      Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on iPhone & iPad running iOS 10.3.2 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.

An error message is displayed when the user attempts to login via Facebook.

Please see attached screenshots for details.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please run your app on a device while connected to an IPv6 network (all apps must support IPv6) to identify any issues, then revise and resubmit your app for review.
    The first I'm hoping to resolve by raising the rating to 18. Has anyone had any experience with this? Our forum is family oriented and we do not have any explicit language or pics.

The second I have no idea how to resolve. Is it something I need to take to my host? I'm on Site Ground and they are very quick to resolve.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Skirmish
    • May 2017
    • 5.3.x

Still dealing with Apple but I got my app through Google. After a few failed appeals the finally told me that they didn't believe that I owned the website and I needed proof that I did like a pdf of a signed contract. Well I do own the site but the only way I knew of proving it was to send them an image of the ICANN WHOIS page (which they could have easily accessed themselves). This was accepted and they published it.

Apple is proving much more difficult. They require a lot more effort than Google Play. You need to have an HTTPS prefix, HTTP is not acceptable, you also need a custom ELUA and that is where I'm hung up. I've found other forums with a custom ELUA that are published on iTunes and compiled my own based on theirs but this was rejected by Apple. I will take one more shot at it myself but I fear I will have to spend money on a lawyer to make one for us.

The technical issue with Apple (app completeness) was my issue but wasn't made clear until the third rejection. I missed a setting in the Facebook app page to change from in development to completed app. Easy fix once I knew what to look for.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

You will need to apply a proper SSL certificate to your site for Apple to approve it. Apple requires all App interactions with websites to be secure under SSL and their Apple Transport Security. The app has the code to support this but the site must be secure.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Skirmish
        • May 2017
        • 5.3.x

The security issue was pretty easy to fix on Site Ground, I was getting hung up on the EULA. Really all I needed to do was create a custom EULA instead of using the standard Apple one. I copied from other forums that were already published but that wasn't good enough. Eventually I copied and pasted the points they wanted in the EULA and reworked them into sentences. Here is a link to the Custom EULA that they accepted incase anyone needs to copy it for their forum to get accepted.

License Agreement

Comment

• keyuramin
          • Jan 2018
          • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Skirmish
          The security issue was pretty easy to fix on Site Ground, I was getting hung up on the EULA. Really all I needed to do was create a custom EULA instead of using the standard Apple one. I copied from other forums that were already published but that wasn't good enough. Eventually I copied and pasted the points they wanted in the EULA and reworked them into sentences. Here is a link to the Custom EULA that they accepted incase anyone needs to copy it for their forum to get accepted.

License Agreement
          Hi,
          I got the same problem with Apple and they rejected the APP.
          When I click on the above link for 'Licence Agreement' - it says that the 'The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store.'
          How could you please get me that license agreement?
          Thx

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by keyuramin
            How could you please get me that license agreement?
            https://termsfeed.com/eula/generator/?ref=blog-sidebar-start-here
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...