Page not formatting properly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page not formatting properly

I don't know why this page is formatting wrong. The template is correct but the picture keeps getting pushed to the bottom, not side by side.
    Attached Files

The borders of your content boxes overlap so both boxes cannot be on the same level. Is this custom HTML? Reduce the width of your main text box 10-20 pixels.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your most annoying bugs.
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

I'm using notebook ++. This is the code that I'm using. I don't see how to reduce the text box pixels. I've already reduced the size of the font.

<!DOCTYPE html>
      <html>
      <head>
      <title>Page Title</title>
      <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Merriweather" rel="stylesheet">
      </head>
      <body>

<p style="font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Merriweather', serif; ">Let's start with the basic bio: </p>

<p style="font-size: 13px;font-family: 'Merriweather', serif;">My name is Irv Weisenthal and I'm currently an A320 Captain in Boston. I went by "Vinger"
      on Bluepilots. I was hired at Jetblue in February 2005 and I'm happily married and have two kids, two dogs and two cats. My background is US Air Force
      where I flew KC-135s for six years and instructed in the T-37 for three years. I did thirteen years active duty and finished off my twenty
      doing various ground jobs in the Guard and Reserves (reserve retirement). I live in Western Massachusettes and call myself fortunate for being able to
      drive to work. I am a three time yes voter, member of the third union organizing committee in Boston, and a now former Peer to Peer member. Since the P2P group
      discourages posting on web boards, I have chosen to resign that position. P2P is a good thing, but I'm now up to something else and need to work
      outside of that organization.</p>

<p style="font-size: 18px;font-family: 'Merriweather', serif;">Now let's talk about why I'm doing this:</p>

<p style="font-size: 13px;font-family: 'Merriweather', serif;">I've built this site and intend to adminster it because I feel that our pilot group
      needs a secure forum where we can come together as a community. I believe we need a place to get to know eachother, be helpful, and build real connections
      to a real people/pilots. Bluepilots got us to where we are now, a unionized pilot group working towards our first contract. There is no doubt that much credit
      to our current state of union is owed to that site. But I, like many others, feel that it's time to move on. The unadministered Bluepilot site is riff with
      hostility and unchecked sabotage. Additionally nobody even knows who runs Bluepilots at this point. I feel that makes the board unsecure and
      suspectable to third party plants. And the JB ALPA board, with it's admirable but strict rule of only using real names has little traffic and therefore
      little value.</p>

<p style="font-size: 13px;font-family: 'Merriweather', serif;">I've attempted to imbed some contructive and positive seeds into this site. The forums
      Blue Skies and Ready for Takeoff are, I believe, unique to pilot web boards and completely intentional. Being able to share our hobbies, interests and
      shared goals can motivate and inspire. This group must have some truly unique and talented individuals, let's find out about them! Layover ideas can be
      so much more than where to eat and I've included some unique suggestions on that one too.</p>

<p style="font-size: 13px;font-family: 'Merriweather', serif;">Thanks for joining this site and being part of the Jetblue pilot community!</p>

</body>
      </html

Comment

Try removing:
        HTML Code:
        <!DOCTYPE html>
        <html>
        <head>
        <title>Page Title</title>
        <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Merriweather" rel="stylesheet">
        </head>
        <body>
        and;
        HTML Code:
        </body>
        </html
        Then at the top of the page click the Edit Site toggle so it is on. Next click on Styles -> Edit CSS.

Add this as the first line in that box:
        HTML Code:
        @import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Merriweather');
        Save the CSS and click the Close button.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your most annoying bugs.
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thanks. That worked.

Comment

Working...
          X