Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Unfortunately, it can come and go. The error doesn't tell us which nodes are failing. The developers are looking into the issue to disable the warning messages on our end to prevent it in the future.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      • Aug 2000

What is the value that you have in this setting: vBulletin API and Mobile Application Options > Mobile App Home: Maximum TOP/NEW Items

Wayne Luke
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• SpaceStar
        • Apr 2005

Mobile App Home: Maximum TOP/NEW Items is set to 30
        Mobile App Home: Forum Topics Date Cutoff is set to 30
        Mobile App Home: Forum Topics Forums Limit is set to [blank]
        Mobile App Home: Blog Entries Date Cutoff is set to 60

Comment

• SpaceStar
          • Apr 2005

Hello Wayne Luke

For some reasons my App is running fine now. It hasn't gone down for now more than 2 days and works instantly as a new thread or a reply is made.

But.. there are other issues.

Images are not visible. Sometimes a link is shown.. pressing on to that link bring another link and then the image is visible - in full size - not resized to Mobile version.

Posting a thread with images in it from mobile give TIME OUT error BUT the thread is posted anyway. The image is still not visible on mobile but in browsers it seems OK.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

Images don't show in the topics. You have to tap through to the individual post. This is a known issue in the App and something that I am striving to have the developers fix.

How many images are you posting when it times out? Are these images uploaded from the App itself or from another location on the web?

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• SpaceStar
              • Apr 2005

Dont know what this app is all about. Been very much disappointed by it. It works a couple of hours or days then fails again and have not got any support for over two month now.

Comment

• Mark.B
                vBulletin Support
                • Feb 2004
                • 6.0.X

Originally posted by SpaceStar
                Dont know what this app is all about. Been very much disappointed by it. It works a couple of hours or days then fails again and have not got any support for over two month now.
                Hello

Wayne came back with some questions in the post before yours, but you didn't respond.

If if we don't get a response, we don't carry on investigating the issue, we do need the customer to help us out by responding to our questions.
                MARK.B
                vBulletin Support
                ------------
                My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• SpaceStar
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Mark.B
                  Hello

Wayne came back with some questions in the post before yours, but you didn't respond.

If if we don't get a response, we don't carry on investigating the issue, we do need the customer to help us out by responding to our questions.
                  I think I answer his question from post 17 in post 18 and gave some more informations......

How many images are you posting when it times out? Are these images uploaded from the App itself or from another location on the web?
                  This I didn't answer because the image WAS posted, although it got a timeout. So didn't feel that like an issue, although it is, when it times out.

The main issue is still the same which was reported back in September.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    • Aug 2000

There is a fix for Unexpected Server Response coming in the software vBulletin API. I think it is in 5.2.5 but haven't verified. I posted a temporary fix for you but you have to carry it out on your server configuration. That is to turn off "Display Errors" in PHP at all times.

Unfortunately, we don't have a magic wand to automatically fix issues. Less so on the mobile Apps which rely on compiled code. We often need to rely on fixes from developers. This can take months as the issues go through the process. We really have little control over this process and even less on the Mobile Apps.
                    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 15 Nov '16, 10:25am.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Actually the issue appears to be in 5.2.6 which is currently under development. http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-16618

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• SpaceStar
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                        Actually the issue appears to be in 5.2.6 which is currently under development. http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-16618

I think I found the real root cause, I may be wrong in my assumptions...

I found out that if there is a channel, which title is in 2 different character set (like Roman and Arabic) the Activity Stream crashes. This is based on I have changed ALL of my channel title to romanized character set and it worked. One of my admins created a new channel and named it in two languages and app crashed. When I rename it to only contains roman characters, it worked promptly - this may be wrong.

Comment

• Mark.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          • Feb 2004
                          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by SpaceStar

I think I found the real root cause, I may be wrong in my assumptions...

I found out that if there is a channel, which title is in 2 different character set (like Roman and Arabic) the Activity Stream crashes. This is based on I have changed ALL of my channel title to romanized character set and it worked. One of my admins created a new channel and named it in two languages and app crashed. When I rename it to only contains roman characters, it worked promptly - this may be wrong.
                          I would recommend logging this in the bug tracker.
                          MARK.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          ------------
                          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            • Aug 2000

It is quite possible that different issues cause the same net effect on the app. We can only act on the information that we can discover or that is submitted to us directly though.

Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• SpaceStar
                              • Apr 2005

Hello Wayne

Back after a hard week of Service Window to update productive systems at work... anyway here is an update.

The apps as before lasted only couple of days. In fact this time 4 days to be precise. That is start crashing.

I have been looking for odd channels with two languages but couldn't find - so that might not be the case.

Most annoying thing is, this app doesn't deliver any debugging or tracing facility to locate failing component arrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                                vBulletin Support
                                • Aug 2002
                                • 5.7.X

If it's crashing, there should be a crash report that will download to your PC/Mac when you next sync the device. In order for our Developers to investigate this fully, can you create a new Bug report here for the appropriate project (either iOS or Android) and upload a copy of the crash report:

Instructions on how to retrieve crash reports for your device can be found here:

iOS Issue Reports.

- Visit the Apple Provisioning Portal at https://itunesconnect.apple.com
                                - Enter your User ID and Password to log in.
                                - Click on Manage Apps
                                - Select the App that reported the Issue
                                - Click View Details.
                                - On the View Details screen there will be a Crash Reports button. Each version of iOS will have its own Tab.
                                - Select the appropriate version of iOS as obtained from the end-user reporting the issue.
                                - Click on the download button next to the Crash Reports to download them.
                                - Attach the resulting ZIP file to your JIRA Issue.

Android Crash Reports

- Visit your Android Developer Console at http://market.android.com/publish
                                - Login if needed using your User ID and Password.
                                - Find the App with the reported problem in your list of Apps and click Errors on its row.
                                - The next screen will report "Freezes" and "Crashes" along with some statistics. If there are error reports, they will be linked.
                                - Click on the Error Reports Link (e.g. 6 New)
                                - The errors will be shown inline on the next page. Click on an an Error title will show the error in detail.
                                - You will need to copy and paste the stack traces show into a JIRA Issue Comment.
                                - At the top of the screen, you will see a link labeled "Show User Messages". Click This.
                                - A user message should be show that corresponds with the error. If filled out properly it tells us what they were doing at the time of the error. Copy and paste this into the JIRA Issue Comments as well.
                                Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...