Broad question - APPs - How to's. Need general help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OverallOpinion
    • May 2016
    • 5.2.x

Broad question - APPs - How to's. Need general help!

Hey guys,

I just got my website live with vBulletin 5 connect - It seems to be working very well, although my mobile users are running in to some issues currently.

I am trying to gather some information about the mobile suit and possibly an app.

My questions are, can users use my vbulletin 5 connect site as a desktop version? I know it is responsive and resizes everything, but does it work? I can make an account on my forum with my smart phone but can not log in? I don't know if its my smart phone, something I did not enable, or if I need to go ahead with an app.

Other question, what exactly is vbulletin mobile suite? I know I purchased it, but do not know what it entails.

Also, as for an app - how can I make one? are there programs you guys recommend or tutorials and walk throughs I can look at? ( I have adobe creative cloud, which I am just barely familiar with, I used it to create my website.)

Thanks!!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The Mobile Suite includes Android and iOS Apps that you can customize and distribute via the appropriate online stores. You can charge for them, include ads, or both. There is no Desktop version for Windows or Mac. Using Responsive, not related to the Apps, on Desktop would just show the site like you're using now. To build your Apps, you would go into your Member's Area and use the Mobile Publisher.

As for logging in, I can't replicate this on any forum that I am registered on. What is the error you're getting when trying to log in?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment