X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scuba0100
    • Jan 2016
    • 5.1.x

Versioning issue

I am having an issue with a duplicate version being used when I am trying to upload the APK file to the play store. I made changes to my app, and downloaded a new APK pack from vBulletin. When I try to upload new one, it gives an error saying that I have already used that version code. I am under the assumption that every time you download, it automatically assigns a new version number. For some reason I don't think that it is working properly.

I am currently in the process of beta testing the app on android, and I cannot see any images on the forum. They do not appear at all. Is there anything that I can do to fix this?

Any help is appreciated.

vBulletin version 5.1.9
    Mobile Suite version 1.11.x

Thank you.
  • Scuba0100
    • Jan 2016
    • 5.1.x

Any help? Would really like to fix the fact that there are no images showing on the mobile version.

Comment

• Scuba0100
      • Jan 2016
      • 5.1.x

The versioning issue seems to have resolved itself. STILL NEED IMAGES TO SHOW UP!!! PLEASE HELP! Getting frustrated at this point...

Comment

• Scuba0100
        • Jan 2016
        • 5.1.x

Have not had a single response from support. ANNNDDDD the versioning issue is back again. The images still don't show on mobile.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Hello,

Please upgrade to the latest VB version, changes are made along the way that may cause issues with the latest mobile version. I would recommend upgrading to at least 5.1.10 and seeing if that resolves the issue.

Very sorry for the delay.

Comment

• Scuba0100
            • Jan 2016
            • 5.1.x

Thanks. I will try that tonight. Am I able to change back to a previous version if for some reason there are any other adverse effects of the upgrade?

Comment

• Scuba0100
              • Jan 2016
              • 5.1.x

I do not see the version 5.1.10 available in the members area? Am I missing it?

Comment

• Joshua Gonzales
                • Apr 2015
                • 5.5.x

If you click Download vBulletin 5 Connect, the next screen will show the latest version which is 5.2.0 Patch Level 1. If you don't want to upgrade to that version (although it is always recommended to have latest version of the software) you can click More Download Options and find 5.1.10 there.
                -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                -- Ads available for the modules globally
                -- Global modules
                -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

• Scuba0100
                  • Jan 2016
                  • 5.1.x

Excellent. Thank you. I am sorry if I am asking stupid questions, but am still very new to all of this.

Comment

• Scuba0100
                    • Jan 2016
                    • 5.1.x

Is there a way to make a backup of all the settings that I have created in the AdminCP? Styles/Preferences etc? I would like to make backups of everything before installing the new version on the server in case I need to go back...

Thank you!

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                      • Jul 2008

Hello,

You should do a database backup before upgrading, that is always the first step. A database backup will restore all your posts, users, settings and whatnot to the per-upgrade condition. Ways to backup vary by host, but if you have cPanel from your host there is a Backup Icon and a Backup WIzard Icon you can use to backup your forum database. It will download as a file to your local computer.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...