Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiokarmallc
    • Jun 2008

How to get started with the mobile app?

I purchased the vBulletin 5 Connect + Mobile Suite Bundle. I have been able to complete the upgrade on a test database and verify the website is working. Where do I find information on the mobile suite? What do I need to do for members to use a mobile app?
  • SteveLV702
    • Aug 2009

Well for iOS apps you will need a Macintosh Computer and will need to visit developer.apple.com and signup for a developer account ($99 annual fee), and then for Android will need to go signup for a Google Play Developer Account which is $25 One-Time Fee.
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• audiokarmallc
      • Jun 2008

I don't understand. If I have to create the mobile apps, what is the mobile suite for?

Comment

• audiokarmallc
        • Jun 2008

More reading find there is a built in app for Android and Apple. Do the member automatically see the correct platform when using a smart device or do they need to activate something? When I used my phone on the test forums, it looked fine to me with some additional drop down menus versus a navigation panel. Just want to make sure it is built into the vB download after paying for vB5 connect and mobile suite bundle.

Comment

• SteveLV702
          • Aug 2009

Mobile suite is dedicated apps for each platform so anyone on a Apple device would go to the Apple App Store and search for your app and download/install it. Anyone on a Android device would go to the google play store or play.google.com and search for your app and download to your phone.

Visiting your website from phones browser isn't the Mobile Suite thats just a Mobile Template (if have one enabled) totally different from Mobile Suite...
          Steve

Comment

• audiokarmallc
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by SteveLV702
            Mobile suite is dedicated apps for each platform so anyone on a Apple device would go to the Apple App Store and search for your app and download/install it. Anyone on a Android device would go to the google play store or play.google.com and search for your app and download to your phone.

Visiting your website from phones browser isn't the Mobile Suite thats just a Mobile Template (if have one enabled) totally different from Mobile Suite...
            So this taken from your website isn't true? I must create the mobile apps? vBulletin Mobile Suite

The vBulletin Mobile Suite includes native iOS and Android mobile apps for your site.

Comment

• SteveLV702
              • Aug 2009

okay you go via members.vbulletin.com upload your icons, you choose your colors for certain parts of the app. Then when done it will build the app... So your not creating the apps vbulletin is... But then you must sign them to submit to Apple. So you will need to be a registered developer in order to login to developer.apple.com to get a Developer Signing Certificate you then use that certificate and a provisioning profile to sign the app and then you upload it to Apple.

So while vbulletin makes the app its submitted to Apple & Google via your own Developer account.
              Steve

Comment

• jdj
                jdj commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds like you know what you are talking about. Are you using the vBulletin mobile app and if so, how are you getting on with it?
            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...