X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Morrus
    • Jan 2002
    • 3.0.0 Beta 6

vBulletin Mobile Suite app rejected by Apple

Here is the report from Apple's resolution center - the app don't work!

Originally posted by Apple
    We found that your app crashed on an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Your app crashed when we:

1) Navigated though the app (no specific action taken)

This occurred when your app was used:

- On Wi-Fi
    - On cellular network

Your app may encounter this issue if it is using too much memory. To learn more about iOS memory usage and how to track memory usage and leaks, please see the Memory Usage Performance Guidelines.We have attached detailed crash logs to help troubleshoot this issue. For information on how to symbolicate and read a crash log, please see Tech Note TN2151 Understanding and Analyzing iPhone OS Application Crash Reports.

For discrete code-level questions, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. Please be sure to include any symbolicated crash logs, screenshots, or steps to reproduce the issues when you submit your request.

For discrete code-level questions, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. Please be sure to:

- include the complete details of your rejection issues
    - prepare any symbolicated crash logs, screenshots, and steps to reproduce the issues for when the DTS engineer follows up.

For information on how to symbolicate and read a crash log, please see Tech Note TN2151 Understanding and Analyzing iPhone OS Application Crash Reports.

If you have difficulty reproducing this issue, please try testing the workflow as described in <https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/qa/qa1764/>Testing Workflow with Xcode's Archive feature".
    - - - Updated - - -

I can confirm it's crashing on iPhone 5, not on iPhone 4S.

I have attached the crash logs.
    Attached Files
    EN World
  • Carbuff
    • Dec 2011
    • 4.2.X

Do you have a custom notice on your website with <center > tags? If you do then replace those, they cause the app to crash, at least the android app anyways.
    My board: Auto Forum powered by vBulletin.

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

You'd be best off starting a support ticket for this, so we can view what happened. Please include an AdminCP and ftp login as well so we can try to debug the issue.

Comment

• Morrus
        • Jan 2002
        • 3.0.0 Beta 6

Originally posted by Carbuff
        Do you have a custom notice on your website with <center > tags? If you do then replace those, they cause the app to crash, at least the android app anyways.
        You're kidding, right?
        EN World

Comment

• Carbuff
          • Dec 2011
          • 4.2.X

Not at all. Why?

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Morrus
            You're kidding, right?
            Its unfortunately a known bug.

Comment

• Morrus
              • Jan 2002
              • 3.0.0 Beta 6

Not at all. Why?
              Because that's such a silly thing to be a bug it sounded like you were making a joke.

Anyhow, OK I guess I can try removing the center tags and see if it makes any difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Notice removed. I browsed it for a while and it didn't crash like before, but I've managed to get the menu to pop up and now the app has hung ... and as I type ... it's crashed again.

Can you please confirm that this has been fully tested as working on an iPhone 5 running iOS6.1?
              EN World

Comment

• Carbuff
                • Dec 2011
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Morrus
                Not at all. Why?
                Because that's such a silly thing to be a bug it sounded like you were making a joke.

Anyhow, OK I guess I can try removing the center tags and see if it makes any difference.
                Was your Android app also crashing?

Insted of <center>your text here<center> you can use:
                <div style="text-align: center;">Your Text Here</center>
                It resolves the issue.
                Last edited by Carbuff; Mon 4 Feb '13, 2:45pm.

Comment

• Morrus
                  • Jan 2002
                  • 3.0.0 Beta 6

Was your Android app also crashing?

Insted of <center>your text here<center> you can use:
                  <div style="text-align: center;">Your Text Here</center>
                  It resolves the issue.
                  Yeah, hasn't helped (see above).

I really need confirmation from someone that they have it working correctly on an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1.
                  EN World

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Soo you started a ticket?

Comment

• Morrus
                      • Jan 2002
                      • 3.0.0 Beta 6

Originally posted by Zachery
                      Soo you started a ticket?
                      Dude, is there a problem with answering my question? You've ignored it twice now.

For the third time:

Has this product been fully tested by you as working on an iPhone 5 running iOS6.1?

It's a quick yes/no query. It doesn't require my being sucked into your support ticket system.
                      Last edited by Morrus; Sun 10 Feb '13, 1:35pm.
                      EN World

Comment

• Mark.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Feb 2004
                        • 6.0.X

If Support ask you to start a ticket, that's because we need you to do so in order to investigate what's going on. If you don't want to do that, we're not going to be able to assist.
                        Demanding answers to questions which may or may not be related to your problem, isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

To be clear: Please log a ticket with the information Zachery requested in post #3, and one of us will pick it up.
                        MARK.B
                        vBulletin Support
                        ------------
                        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Morrus
                          • Jan 2002
                          • 3.0.0 Beta 6

Originally posted by Mark.B
                          If you don't want to do that, we're not going to be able to assist.
                          This is untrue. You can assist; you are refusing to assist. There is no "not able to" about it, and I utterly resent your telling me so. You are perfectly able to answer the question I asked.

I am very concerned by the fact that you refuse to. Not because of what the answer may or may not be, but because you think it's OK not to do so.

Demanding answers to questions which may or may not be related to your problem, isn't going to get anyone anywhere.
                          It's going to get me the item of information I want. Please answer the question. It will take you less than 3 seconds.

To be clear..
                          To be absolutely-mofoingly clear: HAS YOUR PRODUCT BEEN TESTED ON AN IPHONE 5 RUNNING IOS 6.1?

Please just answer the question, dude. Please.

To be clear, if you refuse to answer a basic question about your product, tell me instead how I arrange a full refund.

Seriously, why is my interaction with you making me angry? I'm sure it's not supposed to make me angry. It is, though. I've spent a lot of money with you over the last decade. Don't make your customers angry.
                          Last edited by Morrus; Sun 10 Feb '13, 2:24pm.
                          EN World

Comment

• Mark.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            • Feb 2004
                            • 6.0.X

I'm not QA - I can't tell you what has been tested on what.

Zachery has asked you to raise a support ticket for good reason. It isn't to be difficult, or awkward, it's so we can help you fix the problem.
                            It's the best way to fix the problem; that's the only reason.

Please help us to help you by supplying the details Zachery has requested.

Lots of people DO have the app working, so it's not that "the app don't work"; however clearly you're having difficulties so we need to help you resolve that, which is what we're trying to do.
                            MARK.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            ------------
                            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

I need you to open a ticket so I can debug the issue, if you don't want to open one there isnt much we can do

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...