X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Morrus
    • Jan 2002
    • 3.0.0 Beta 6

Originally posted by Zachery
    I need you to open a ticket so I can debug the issue, if you don't want to open one there isnt much we can do
    There is one thing you can do. You can answer my question.

Are you refusing to answer my question? Seriously, dude, it's now looking like you're hiding something. This is the opposite of customer relations. You've been asked FIVE times now, and avoided the question every single time.

It's becoming a Monty Python sketch. Answer the question, please. If you've forgotten it, it's this (for the sixth hilarious time):

Has this product been tested on an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1?

I'm not QA - I can't tell you what has been tested on what.
    Then please ask "QA" and let me know the answer.

- - - Updated - - -

I've had a wonderful idea which might circumvent the mental block here.

As an exercise, imagine I haven't already given you my money. I'm a potential customer, considering buying your product. I have a question!

"Hey guys, your product looks great, but before I buy it I need to know if this product has been tested on an iPhone 5 running iOS 6.1?"

Does that help?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, Twitter is telling me at length that the reason my question isn't being answered is because the answer is "no". That does seem like the likely situation.

You might be wondering why I'm reluctant to hand over access details. Well, we're recovering from a recent devastating hack. We're rebuilding at immense cost in terms of workload and monetary value, and we're using a Kickstarter to fund it. We've raised over £30K so far, which is wonderful.

But part of that is that I will not hand over access details to *anyone* unless absolutely necessary. In this situation, it is not absolutely necessary.

So when you tell me you won't let me know whether your product has been tested on an iPhone 5 running iOS6 unless I give you my FTP details - well, let's just say that answering that question does *not* require my FTP details.

So please just answer my question.
    Last edited by Morrus; Sun 10 Feb '13, 3:32pm.
    EN World

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

Yes, the product has been tested on an iPhone 5 running iOS6.

Comment

• Morrus
        • Jan 2002
        • 3.0.0 Beta 6

Originally posted by Zachery
        Yes, the product has been tested on an iPhone 5 running iOS6.
        Thank you!

The query was iOS 6.1, not 6, though -- we know it works fine on ioS 6. iOS 6.1 was issued to users just a couple of weeks ago, although available to developers for the last few months. It's a requirement of Apple that any app be compatible with the current iteration of their OS.
        EN World

Comment

• Moshe1010
          • Oct 2008
          • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Morrus
          Thank you!

The query was iOS 6.1, not 6, though -- we know it works fine on ioS 6. iOS 6.1 was issued to users just a couple of weeks ago, although available to developers for the last few months. It's a requirement of Apple that any app be compatible with the current iteration of their OS.
          Drink some water man, you're acting like crazy. vBulletin doesn't have to debug Apple's crappy software just because Apple has unlimited amount of bugs in its own software. That's not a secret that Apple already issued iOS 6.1.2 to its users in just less than two weeks. What company can handle a QA that can check every single iOS update in a week or two? Let me answer you: no company, even not Apple. People here are asking you to open a ticket so they can debug you issue and provide you, and maybe other users, a quick fix. You don't want to give any details to the people who should handle this kind of problems, and you keep complaining, which does not make your situation any better. So you can ask in the seventh, eighth, or hundredth time about a QA to iOS 6.1, and the answer would be the same: open a ticket. You don't want to open a ticket and provide all the necessary information? than it's your own problem. vBulletin wants to give you support, you refuse to take it - it's a given fact.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

If you have crash reports, pleas raise a Bug under the vBulletin iOS App project here and attach the reports to that - this will then go straight to our developers for them to investigate:

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...