Where are examples of Mobile Suite running on devices?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mary303
    • Oct 2006
    • 4.0.x

Where are examples of Mobile Suite running on devices?

vB is offering the sale, and yet it is nearly impossible to find any official real information from vB on whatever it is they are selling.

WHERE are url's I can pull up on my iPhone and see what it will look like - how the nav works - what customizations are available and how they look?

Where is it explained exactly what Mobile Suite includes? Is it compatible with vb 4, or only vb 5?

Substantive info is needed please.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Search the vBulletin on either the android or iOS app stores and use the apps.

It is compatible with vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4, and vBulletin 5.

There is little customization available. It basically is a direct interface to the vBulletin data already available in your database, except in an app.

Comment

• Mary303
      • Oct 2006
      • 4.0.x

Well that's not good.

I did install the vB app. Are there examples of vB websites that are using the app that I could find in the app store, just to take a look at what they've done?

Based on the vB one, no I will not be buying it. I have another route I'll go to provide better mobile-friendliness to my members. I am actually hoping there is more to know about the vB app possibilities that would sway me back toward the Mobile Suite.

Comment

• PiotrGT1
        • Nov 2014
        • 5.1.x

My site is using it:

Comment

• DenizArs
          • Apr 2007

the mobile suite is not working properly right now, it only displays the text topic, the attachnents and pictures are not shown, you can not post a new topc or picture; or edit profile etc. Basicly cant do anything else besides reading the text only posted topic on Android devices. I do not know how the ios app is yet , cause it is still in the preparation . I will post here how it works on ios devices as well after I use it.

Comment

• PiotrGT1
            PiotrGT1 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you have to pay 99USD yearly just to publish your iOS application. Is there a way to bypass this? This Mobile thing is becoming very expensive.... I can live with the one time 25USD Google fee but the 99USD is insane. If I knew this before, and did better research I would have not purchased the Mobie suite. I hope something is done about this...
        • DenizArs
          • Apr 2007

there is no way to pass that fee, it is about Apple, not VBulletin. But on the other hand, if I knew that the mobile suite is only for reading text in topics, not even displaying pictures nor posting topics, I wouldnt have bought it either. Hope they fix the issue soon enough ?

Comment

• mangoz
            • Jan 2015
            • 5.1.x

Originally posted by DenizArs
            there is no way to pass that fee, it is about Apple, not VBulletin. But on the other hand, if I knew that the mobile suite is only for reading text in topics, not even displaying pictures nor posting topics, I wouldnt have bought it either. Hope they fix the issue soon enough ?
            Can you link me to these known issues so I'm not chasing things I think are just MY bugs??
            The reputation bar is hard coded. This is bad design.
            http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-14349
            Facebook 2 step registration doesn't work
            http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-9490
            Vbulletin android app does not work with VB5 and has no roadmap -- don't buy it! Demand better.
            http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/...Aroadmap-panel

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Comment

• Mary303
                • Oct 2006
                • 4.0.x

Originally posted by DenizArs
                .... But on the other hand, if I knew that the mobile suite is only for reading text in topics, not even displaying pictures nor posting topics, I wouldnt have bought it either. Hope they fix the issue soon enough ?
                I decided I won't buy it when I realized this. It also provides no access to usercp.php, and that's the main interface my forum members want to follow.

Just my opinion, the Mobile suite as it shows up in the vB app on my iPhone is not the direction things are going. I am just going to do some work on mobile-friendly navigation through the header. User feedback is that that is all they want.

Comment

• Heiko Scharfenort
                  • Jan 2015
                  • 5.1.x

My Apps which where built in V1.9 and 5.1.5 are not working.
                  Hoping for support from VBulleting. They ignoring me!

Payed a lot of money (mobile suite, appe an android fee) -> the result: a angry community which is really unhappy, and no support from vbulletin!

Very vervy bad!

Main Erros:
                  both: no registration and/ord FB Login,
                  android: crashes always
                  iOS: no Threads are shown - only

The worst is, that VBULLETIN is ignoring me -> Thats calles premium support

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...