X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lazky
    • Apr 2013
    • 5.7.X

Mixed language problem iOS app

Recently the iOS app for my forum is in the appstore. I heard that some of my german members have a language issue when they use the app. It seems that a German, English and French language mix is used for the buttons (see pictures). Is there a way to change that, without changing the language settings on the iPhone, or is that a bug?
    Last edited by Lazky; Fri 7 Nov '14, 3:10am.
  • Lazky
    • Apr 2013
    • 5.7.X

Already found my answer in the Jira issue system. I haven't been searching well enough the first time.

Comment

• zweeper
      • Jan 2005
      • 6.0.X

I have a similar issue. The ios language of the app is half englisch, half german. I dont find any fix about that.
      How could you solve that issue?

App in Appstore is set to german, my mobile is also german language and I tested it on several other german mobiles.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

If there are phrases that aren't translated in the App, you should report them as JIRAs against the App with the issue. The Mobile Apps have their own language files separate from the vBulletin Language system.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• zweeper
          • Jan 2005
          • 6.0.X

Actually almost everything is english in my iOS app. Just a couple of words are german (minor) and also its strange that the avatars are not the ones from the forum. The avatars are the "vbulletin" standard avatars.

Comment

• zweeper
            • Jan 2005
            • 6.0.X

Isnt there any fast way to resolve this problem?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...