X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonyw
    • Dec 2006
    • 3.6.x

How to update Mobile App

Maybe I am blind but I don't see any instructions on how to update the mobile apps to 1.3 (currently on 1.1.2)
    Last edited by tonyw; Mon 8 Oct '12, 12:18pm.
  • tonyw
    • Dec 2006
    • 3.6.x

Ok I needed to update the API file.

Comment

• Carbuff
      • Dec 2011
      • 4.2.X

Yup, just upload the new apk file to Google play. You can use the documentation and just skip to uploading the app.
      Be sure to post any problems or questions here!
      My board: Auto Forum powered by vBulletin.

Comment

• sdi_employee
        • Oct 2011
        • 3.8.x

I updated to vBulletin 4.2.0 from 3.8.7 and had to uninstall the Mobile API as it's now included in the new version.

It seems that doing so deletes your API key, and my vBulletin install is now asking me to regenerate the key. Does this mean I need to push an update to my app, or is there another solution for this?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

Did you take a database backup before upgrading? If so, you don't need to restore it but look for the setting table and search for the 'apikey' varname - take a note of the value (this is your key) and replace this into the API Key field in AdminCP and try your apps again.
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• sdi_employee
            • Oct 2011
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
            Did you take a database backup before upgrading? If so, you don't need to restore it but look for the setting table and search for the 'apikey' varname - take a note of the value (this is your key) and replace this into the API Key field in AdminCP and try your apps again.
            I definitely have a backup I can find that key in, but when I go to the API section in AdminCP it only gives me the option to generate one.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

Generate a new one then replace it with the old one.
              Vote for:

Comment

• sdi_employee
                • Oct 2011
                • 3.8.x

Generate a new one then replace it with the old one.
                Genius. I'll report back when this is working just to let you know it's resolved.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, any idea what the key name might be in the database? I can grep some backup SQL for it rather than having to restore a huge backup.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

As per post 5, you don't need to restore it but look for the setting table and search for the 'apikey' varname in that table's contents.
                  Vote for:

Comment

• sdi_employee
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 3.8.x

As per post 5, you don't need to restore it but look for the setting table and search for the 'apikey' varname in that table's contents.
                    Ugh, my mistake for not reading the whole message. I had actually done that before reading the rest of your comment, but I had a hard time finding what might be the key; I think I found it though.

That being said, after generating a key, the api key page appears to not allow me to change the value.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I've definitely found the right value, but still can't seem to update it.

I've found the row in my prod database with the generated value. Would you suggest against creating an update statement that just replaces that value in the datastore table?

update datastore set options = 'a:661:{s:20...<insert rest of line here>}';

and replace the new apikey value with the old one? Or is this a super dangerous idea?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                      • Jul 2008

Don't update it in the datastore-

Update it in the setting apikey in the setting table.

Then refresh the datastore by going to Admin CP -> Product Manager -> and disable (and then re-enable) any of your products.

Confirm the new value is now in the datastore via the database.

Comment

• sdi_employee
                        • Oct 2011
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
                        Don't update it in the datastore-

Update it in the setting apikey in the setting table.

Then refresh the datastore by going to Admin CP -> Product Manager -> and disable (and then re-enable) any of your products.

Confirm the new value is now in the datastore via the database.
                        I've updated the value in the setting table, but there's no product to enable and disable - this is now built into vBulletin 4.

The value that shows up in the API Key page in AdminCP is the old value, so clearly this wasn't correct.

[edit] Nevermind, again I missed the last part of your directions. Trying that.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by sdi_employee
                        I've updated the value in the setting table, but there's no product to enable and disable - this is now built into vBulletin 4.

The value that shows up in the API Key page in AdminCP is the old value, so clearly this wasn't correct.

[edit] Nevermind, again I missed the last part of your directions. Trying that.
                        Tried, but no luck.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                          • Jul 2008

You can enable/disable ANY product to refresh the datastore including built in products like skimlinks or blogs.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                            vBulletin Support
                            • Aug 2002
                            • 5.7.X

Please fill out a support ticket for my attention at:

Please include a link to this thread and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
                            Vote for:

Comment

• sdi_employee
                              • Oct 2011
                              • 3.8.x

Please fill out a support ticket for my attention at:

Please include a link to this thread and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
                              Last time I did that I was told I need to have a support license/package/whatever it is and that I should ask the forums.

Guess I better look into that.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't find anywhere that will allow me to purchase ticket support.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...