Is mobile suite going to be fixed?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fferre
    • Aug 2009

I'm regreting of having renewed my Mobile license one week ago.

Since versión 1.1.3, if you try to quote a post with latin written accents or ñ, it fails and instead the text, you get (null). Both iPhone and android App.

And after upgrading to versión 1.3:

1) If you have a notification with center tag, android App crashed.

2) using iPhone you cannot see post text which has been colored.

And I get no answer in jia. Maybe no english spoken customer are interesting.

Anyway forum and cms are great. Vbulletin should take care of the quality of other products as well.

Comment

• slinky
      • Mar 2001
      • 1.1.x

Originally posted by fferre
      I'm regreting of having renewed my Mobile license one week ago.
      Why did you renew your Mobile Suite license? From what I read (and I'm hoping to confirm) you still should be able to access all the versions up through the current.
      My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• goodiscounts
        • Apr 2012

So the mobile suite is not working? I just talk to sales person, she said nothing is wrong with mobile suite. I don't want to create an app if it's not working for my users. Is refund still apply in this case ?

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by slinky
          Why did you renew your Mobile Suite license? From what I read (and I'm hoping to confirm) you still should be able to access all the versions up through the current.
          Due to how the system is designed, this is not currently the case.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by goodiscounts
            So the mobile suite is not working? I just talk to sales person, she said nothing is wrong with mobile suite. I don't want to create an app if it's not working for my users. Is refund still apply in this case ?

Our mobile team is aware the mobile publisher seems to be acting weird and not generating packages for some customers. We're working on resolving this.

Comment

• slinky
              • Mar 2001
              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Zachery
              Our mobile team is aware the mobile publisher seems to be acting weird and not generating packages for some customers. We're working on resolving this.
              I was told that for customers whose license for updates expired cannot access the mobile publisher since the company's position is that the mobile publisher is only supposed to be available for those who have paid for this extension fee. This is why the mobile publisher platform was built as it was and why the access to the mobile publisher is not available meaning that it is functioning as planned by the company.

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

There is also a problem where current customers cannot generate the mobile app, which is what I was referring to.

the current system doesn't allow for customers with inactive licenses to rebuild their software.

Comment

• slinky
                  • Mar 2001
                  • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                  There is also a problem where current customers cannot generate the mobile app, which is what I was referring to.

the current system doesn't allow for customers with inactive licenses to rebuild their software.
                  Yes - I understand that this was the result of a management decision. I also understand that staff (such as yourself) lobbied hard to change this but that it won't be forthcoming and, if ever, not for a long while. I'd like to at least thank you for your efforts.

Comment

• goodiscounts
                    • Apr 2012

How long will it takes to fix this problem?

Thanks

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

I believe the issue for customers being unable to build their applications while their licenses are still active has been resolved. If it has not, please respond here and I can check into it.

Comment

• goodiscounts
                        • Apr 2012

Thanks for the response.

How long does it take for it to compile? I click review iphone publish, then continue, it's been 30 minutes. I still get the same message "We are still preparing and compiling your app and we will send you an e-mail as soon as it is ready, or you can check back in a few minutes."

Thanks

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

It can take a bit, it should showup as a new link under that license in the members area. If its not up in another hour or so, please file a ticket.

Comment

• goodiscounts
                            • Apr 2012

I'm still having same problem. It's not compiling, it's been 3 hours. I already file a ticket, hopefully problems will be solve soon.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                              vBulletin Support
                              • Aug 2002
                              • 5.7.X

Your ticket has been passed to our Mobile PM for further investigation - as soon as he replies, I'll let you know
                              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• goodiscounts
                                • Apr 2012

Problem fix. Thanks a lot

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...