X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budget101
    • Jul 2008
    • 3.7.x

Share your Graphic Intensive Mobile site ... Please

I'm perusing various mobile solutions and have checked into several possibilities. The major thing holding me back from using the vb mobile solution is vb's Mobile site- it's the ugliest, most bland "mobile" site I've encountered. While it gets the content out there, it's boring to look at and I have no interest in having the same bland default. Does anyone have a mobile vb site that has photos showing in their cms sections???

Please share the links below or msg me with them so I can check them out! Thanks so much :-)
    Last edited by Budget101; Fri 24 Aug '12, 12:32pm.
  • MisterNinja
    • May 2009

I wouldn't bother with it, all it does is crash on my forum. None of the solutions for mobile browsing cut it.

Comment

• Budget101
      • Jul 2008
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by MisterNinja
      I wouldn't bother with it, all it does is crash on my forum. None of the solutions for mobile browsing cut it.
      Thank you for your honest reply, I appreciate it. :-)

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Originally posted by MisterNinja
        Mobile style or mobile suite? I think Budget101 is referring to style not apps
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• slinky
          • Mar 2001
          • 1.1.x

The vBulletin Mobile Apps are not worth looking at as you've heard. The Mobile Style is difficult to work with for a variety of reasons, including it being a work in progress. I've styled my site and added a couple of additional bells and whistles to deal with its shortcomings but by no means should you expect to see anything graphic intensive. I spent my time to deal with obvious navigational shortcomings. For styling, it's just way too difficult to deal with and there are other changes to be made and released in several weeks that make the endeavor not worthwhile.
          My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• Budget101
            • Jul 2008
            • 3.7.x

Originally posted by slinky
            The vBulletin Mobile Apps are not worth looking at as you've heard. The Mobile Style is difficult to work with for a variety of reasons, including it being a work in progress
            Thank you for your honest opinion. I've been going back and forth, I need a mobile solution, but the vb Mobile product seems to be more of an annoyance & headache than it's worth. Years ago when vB released a product you could count on it working great from the get-go. The last couple of years, when vB releases something- you have to really pay attention, read the boards and watch it for several months before you can even Attempt to use it.

I find it interesting that I posted nearly a month ago and not a single person was able to share a site with graphics, that really says Loads about the mobile product. Bummer!

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

I'm still waiting on you answering whether you're talking about the apps or the mobile style...
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Budget101
                • Jul 2008
                • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                I'm still waiting on you answering whether you're talking about the apps or the mobile style...
                BOTH. I was Considering Purchasing the vb Mobile Suite product because I NEED a mobile solution. However, after viewing vbulletins OWN site on my mobile device I was less than impressed with it's gawky appearance & constant app crashes on my phone.

I need a Mobile solution that LOOKS good AND Functions without constant errors for my sites. I have a huge number of CMS articles with NICE photos and I need them to show up when people visit using a mobile device. vb's Mobile software does Not appear to have that capability currently. The navigation is choppy, the images don't appear correctly and I have yet to find a user that can share his/her mobile site so I can view it on my iPhone, Blackberry or iPad to see whether or not vbulletin Mobile is worth buying. It would appear, after a month of seeking such a user that the product is a waste of time and money.

Comment

• Budget101
                  • Jul 2008
                  • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Budget101
                  I have yet to find a user that can share his/her mobile site so I can view it on my iPhone, Blackberry or iPad to see whether or not vbulletin Mobile is worth buying. It would appear, after a month of seeking such a user that the product is a waste of time and money.
                  Make that 2 Months Later- rather interesting- vbulletin has 304,971 Members and not a Single one could provide a link to their own site with decent photos in the CMS - that Speaks volumes about the failed mobile product.

Comment