What do you think of Forum Runner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of Forum Runner?

1. I recall having paid for Forum Runner through VBulletin.com. Then, I went to forumrunner.net and realized - the account is free and the plugin can be freely downloaded for installation into my vB board.

2. Never about the above, let's move on. I installed Tapatalk and Forum Runner on my android phone. The look-and-feel and navigation design of Tapatalk is better than Forum Runner. Also, Tapatalk comes with a convenient widget for my android phone while I cannot find any similar widget for Tapatalk. Overall, Tapatalk seems like a professional app, while forum runner is like a beta or even an alpha not ready for commercial use.

3. I am wondering why vBulletin collaborates with forum runner when it seems Tapatalk is a better choice?

1) vbulletin has never charged for forum runner you must be thinking about the Mobile Suite which is totally different then forum runner.

2) Thats Debatable depending on who you ask.

3) Because vBulletin purchased/acquired forum runner not tapatalk maybe tapatalk wasn't for sale.
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

Thanks for clarifying about the Mobile Suite payment.

Agree that TapaTalk vs Forum Runner is subjective and debatable.

So, vBulletin now owns Forum Runner? Can vBulletin bring Forum Runner up to speed with TapaTalk? I'm still trying to psycho/convince myself to use Forum Runner over TapaTalk.

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
      1) vbulletin has never charged for forum runner you must be thinking about the Mobile Suite which is totally different then forum runner.

2) Thats Debatable depending on who you ask.

3) Because vBulletin purchased/acquired forum runner not tapatalk maybe tapatalk wasn't for sale.
      - - - Updated - - -

Just for sharing:

I'm keeping TapaTalk and Forum Runner alive for my forum. Personally, I'm using TapaTalk. Will be getting feedback from my forum users; if they also prefer TapaTalk, I'll just disable Forum Runner to lighten the server load.

Comment

What do you think of Forum Runner?

For me taptalk cost to much to have ads control so with a paid site vBulletin is the way to go.

Comment

tapatalk is the best choice until you want a dedicated app imo

Comment

Agree; TapaTalk is better in comparison to Forum Runner.

Or rather, Forum Runner is not up to mark. Cannot phantom why a high-end vbulletin has to get messed up with a sub-standard Forum Runner. Poor strategic match.

Comment

Ever since IB bought Forum runner out, support and add on features have pretty much died. For someone such as myself who bought the branded app, its pushing me towards tapatalk and spend the money on their branded app. The mobile suite just doesn't compare.

Comment

I've heard good things about Forum Runner so I was disappointed when I actually used it. Tapatalk has better integration. Yeah, an outside company does it better than IB's very own Forum Runner.

Comment

Is something going on with the guy who supports forum runner? I've been patiently waiting two weeks to get any significant help in troubleshooting an issue. This is very disappointing and I have to seriously question renewing the branded app in light of this.

- - - Updated - - -

All good now. He was able to help me out earlier today.
                  Brian Cruz
                  www.toonzone.net

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Cruz View Post
                    Is something going on with the guy who supports forum runner? I've been patiently waiting two weeks to get any significant help in troubleshooting an issue. This is very disappointing and I have to seriously question renewing the branded app in light of this.

- - - Updated - - -

All good now. He was able to help me out earlier today.

Yes. He got bought out and is now on vacation. Its a complete joke the support you get there now not to mention the amount of updates they have (or lack of). Stay clear of forum runner. It went down the tubes real fast ever since IB took over. All you get on the forum is spam threads now and at this moment the forum isn't even up. Sad.

Comment

Tapatalk is fantastic. My members love it and for good reason.
                      My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment