X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clubvr4
    • Aug 2010

help - app rejected, again.

Hi all,

For me trying to get this app into app store has been a long and arduous journey - primarily because I don't have a mac, so I ask a colleague to bring his in for me to sign app. As you can imagine, I have little time with the MAC and due to actually having to do real work in work I don't have the time to try copyin the app to my phone to test, as per recommendations in one of the stickies here.

About 10 days ago I went through the whole process again, I had vbulletin change my ID, you know tr long unique code? Apple wouldn't delete my app id's so this was the next best thing to allow me to start from scratch.

Once it was done everything went like clock work, before I knew it I was uploading the app for review.

Today however I received an email stating my app was rejected, sigh... Here is the reason

We found that your app crashed on iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1.1, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Your app crashed when we:

1. Launch the app connected to a Wi-Fi network
    2. The launch screen is displayed
    3. Enter the login info provided
    4. Tap login
    5. The app crashes

We have attached detailed crash logs to help troubleshoot this issue. For information on how to symbolicate and read a crash log, please see Tech Note TN2151 Understanding and Analyzing iPhone OS Application Crash Reports.

For discrete code-level questions, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. Please be sure to include any symbolicated crash logs, screenshots, or steps to reproduce the issues when you submit your request.

We also we need additional information about your app.

At your earliest opportunity, please review the following questions and provide as detailed information as you can in response. The more information you can provide upfront, the sooner we can complete your review.

1. How does the user create and obtain an account?
    2. Does the user have to pay to obtain an account?
    3. Are there any recurring fees required for the account to be held open?
    4. What does "PM's" stated on the application description refer to?
    5. What is the relation of "Mitsubishi Galant Legnum VR4 Vr-4 owners club" to this app? (as stated on the keywords)

Once you reply to this message, we can proceed with your review.
    Anyone got any experience with this? I checked the stickies and it mentions a few things like disable mods, but this is impractical as I wouldn't know when apple would review my app again, therefore leaving my forum in a limp mode style - not keen on this idea.

Any common things I can check for?

Thanks for reading

I wish vbulletin would offer a paid do service to upload apps for us, not everyone can afford a MAC!
    W W W . C L U B V R 4 . C O M
    Mitsubishi Galant & Legnum Owners Club
  • Carbuff
    • Dec 2011
    • 4.2.X

Do you have a custom notice on your site with <center> tags?
    My board: Auto Forum powered by vBulletin.

Comment

• clubvr4
      • Aug 2010

help - app rejected, again.

I do have custom notices, but none with the center tag, using style=

Anything there that can cause issues?
      W W W . C L U B V R 4 . C O M
      Mitsubishi Galant & Legnum Owners Club

Comment

• Carbuff
        • Dec 2011
        • 4.2.X

I know that in the Android app, many people who had custom notices had their apps crash. It was never verified on iOS. Maybe you could post the contents of your notice?
        My board: Auto Forum powered by vBulletin.

Comment

• clubpromos
          • May 2011
          • 3.8.x

My iOS app was accepted but I confirm that it does crash on Wifi (tested on 2 separate iPhone's).
          Impossible to even get to the splash screen, the app doesn't open. It just won't work.

Tried reinstalling several times, same result, it keeps crashing.

Using iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1.1 on Wifi.

Now I hope that vBulletin is going to release a bugfix version Real soon.
          I suppose the the problem is the same on iPad using Wifi which is even more of a problem since many people use their iPads on Wifi.

Also one of my members, who is not using his iPhone on Wifi told me that there were other crashes, I don't have the details yet but I guess that they are the same that Apple reported.

When is the next version due?

Comment

• Huskermax
            • Mar 2010
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by clubvr4

I wish vbulletin would offer a paid do service to upload apps for us, not everyone can afford a MAC!
            I think they were going too but apple shot that down.

Go over to the .org site, there are a lot of people that can offer a paid service to upload your app.

Comment

• liamwli
              • Feb 2012
              • 4.2.X

At least it is easier with android - no review process (And cheaper dev costs!)

Comment

• clubpromos
                • May 2011
                • 3.8.x

You can install a MAC as virtual machine, not perfect but it does work well enough to submit your app.

Doesn't change the fact that the app crashes as reported by Apple and this has nothing to do with you. It's a bug.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Did they supply any crash reports?
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Huskermax
                    I think they were going too but apple shot that down.
                    Yep I seem to recall that was the original plan but Apple didn't like it.

I do like Apple overall but boy are they overprotective of their environment.

It's a pity that happened because it would have been a great selling point for the app but sadly these things happen. Blame the late Mr Jobs!
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• SteveLV702
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by clubpromos
                      My iOS app was accepted but I confirm that it does crash on Wifi (tested on 2 separate iPhone's).
                      Impossible to even get to the splash screen, the app doesn't open. It just won't work.

Tried reinstalling several times, same result, it keeps crashing.

Using iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1.1 on Wifi.

Now I hope that vBulletin is going to release a bugfix version Real soon.
                      I suppose the the problem is the same on iPad using Wifi which is even more of a problem since many people use their iPads on Wifi.

Also one of my members, who is not using his iPhone on Wifi told me that there were other crashes, I don't have the details yet but I guess that they are the same that Apple reported.

When is the next version due?

weird cause works fine on my iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1.1 and also on my dev phone running iOS 6 Beta...
                      ------------------------------------------
                      Steve
                      DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                      CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                      TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                      Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...