Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marv
    • Jun 2002

Open questions before buying

I was wondering, wether the mobile suite has particular funtions. So, before I hit the buy button I would be glad, someone could answer a few questions.

1. Does the MS support push notifications?
    1.1 For which parts? (PMs, new entries on CMS, subscribed threads, optional non-vb content?)

2. Is it possible to add this app into another app?
    I´m actual playing with another app-builder and was wondering, if the MS couldn´t be included into that one to deliver the forums part to only have one app to be installed.

3. Is the mobile suite limited to the the vbulletin functions or can I add additional tabs/menues, for example: for a wordpres-site? We are changing from CMS to wordpress as our front website, so this is quite important for us.

Somehow we are trying to get the best of both worlds, the vb mobile suite for the forums and the native app, that we need for the rest of the site, and melt them into one app. Guess that´s like hoping to find the bucket full of gold at the end of the rainbow But we would like to try that - paying a company to code a complete new app is unaffordable for us, as for the most webmasters.
    Regards,
    Marv

'My world, the one that I live in, that surrounds me, is called insane by some. I can dig that - I feel the same about theirs.'
    (Henry Rollins)
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

1. Nope.

2. Nope.

3. Yes, limited to vBulletin and vBulletin only. No third party app data can make it into the mobile applications either.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...