X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marv
    • Jun 2002

Overrun by Spambots through Mobile Style regsitration

Hi Wayne, hi Zach.

I´ve activated the mobile style while building and testing a native App for my site. After 2 days the spombots found that style and registered through the mobile style to deploy their payload. On my normal registration site I have a honeypot and a few other things, that stopped every bot at my doorstep. I never had to deal with a single one, getting through this line of defense.

While the registration via the mobile style those don´t come to effect and I would like to close the registration in that style or have a redirect to the standard style, so the spambots have to deal with the bottraps. Could you gimme a hint, how I could do that? It seems, the mobile style has no option built-in for that.

Regards,
    Marv

'My world, the one that I live in, that surrounds me, is called insane by some. I can dig that - I feel the same about theirs.'
    (Henry Rollins)
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Marv,

You posted this in the forum for the VB Mobile Suite not Style. The Mobile Suite are the iOS and Android apps- is your issue with the Apps or the Mobile Style which is built into VB4?

Comment

• Marv
      • Jun 2002

Sorry, must have missed that I was posting to the wrong forum. Thanks for the head up, I was talking about the mobile style.
      Regards,
      Marv

'My world, the one that I live in, that surrounds me, is called insane by some. I can dig that - I feel the same about theirs.'
      (Henry Rollins)

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

The easiest option might be to manually add whatever custom fields you have to the mobile registration template- you can edit the mobile template like any other in Style Manager in the Admin CP.

Any kind or redirect to the default style would need a custom plugin- it seems possible- but that would be something for vbulletin.org since it would be unsupported custom code. Please create a thread on vBulletin.org in the VB4 forum asking about this and PM me here (or there- BirdOPrey5) with the URL to the thread and I'll whip up a quick plugin. Please include the styleid # of your main/default style and your mobile style.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...