X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slinky
    • Mar 2001
    • 1.1.x

Three Month Extension Period Expires

In just two short days, it looks like the three month period following the "three month extension announcement" comes to an end.

Unfortunately I still have not used the Suite since purchase last year because of several bugs and outstanding problems, including the issues surrounding the theme switching bug, inability to see replies and other items I consider show-stoppers noted in this forum, especially in light of many using mobile apps that do work. As I mentioned, I was denied a refund earlier and the remedy offered to me provided the same problem I'm having now - a commitment extending time to download updates doesn't mean much if you're not willing to commit to delivering something of value during that time.

...vBulletin Mobile Suite has entered a new era of fast, robust development. With several planned releases that include bug fixes, feature enhancements and new feature development, we look forward to the growth and progress of our vBulletin mobile applications...
    As many of us mentioned back then, this "extension" marked a significant understatement of the total lack of development work on the Suite that we - the early adopters - paid for. We were skeptical of the several planned releases, all these great feature enhancements and developments, etc. being delivered in a "fast" fashion, meaning fast enough for us to use and enjoy without being dangled in front of us with yet another renewal fee.

Once again, customers are left to argue vehemently with management about pre-paying for products and not seeing a meaningful return on investment. What I found disturbing was seeing IB purchase Forum Runner - another mobile solution - and with lightning speed they integrated that product into the vBulletin 4 core. Yet we continue to see small progress here, significant outstanding bugs and no commitment by the company to (a) the superiority of this app that it had promised, and (b) actual return of a mobile app that customers who paid for it could use for a reasonable period of time along with the ability to download bug fixes and updates.

I'd like to thank staff and mention that I appreciate them going to bat for us customers. It was difficult enough to believe that the best customers could receive from management was just 3 months. This is probably not a reflection of their effort. The lack of progress here speaks for itself. It would seem logical that management asked far too much of their team during a short time and was completely unrealistic and unfair to both the dev team and the customers. Time to step up and make up for yet another major disappointment. I'd like to thank all the staff members going to bat for the customers in advance.
    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site
  • MariahMan
    • May 2007

This whole thing has been a complete rip off in my opinion. Absolutely ridiculous. I was an early adopter and i still can't get my app to work properly. It's currently useless as i wait on a response to my bug report. 3 month extension...really? That's the best you could do?

Comment

• slinky
      • Mar 2001
      • 1.1.x

Originally posted by MariahMan
      This whole thing has been a complete rip off in my opinion. Absolutely ridiculous. I was an early adopter and i still can't get my app to work properly. It's currently useless as i wait on a response to my bug report. 3 month extension...really? That's the best you could do?
      Management can provide a two year extension if it wanted. The lowball figure was insulting and easily predictable that yet another failure would result. Like yourself, the company's failure to commit to this app it sold us left me with a large investment and zero usage so far since launch in early 2011. I'd be satisfied settling this dispute with one full year of development extension along with a detailed road map of guaranteed deliverables -- and I'll waive the right to interest on this "loan."
      My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• Smabarnsfarsa
        • May 2012

I've just invested in the mobile suite recently and I'm sorry I didn't do enough research here in the forum before I did. Alot of bugs, I discover a new one every day. And features that should have been obvious, like editing your profile is missing. Instead of doing one thing good its currently doing everything bad. There are other apps availible focusing on the forum part that does it alot better.

I believed I was buying a finished product but this is clearly a work in progress. And I'm not getting an extension.

Comment

• wmtech
          • Jan 2004

True. A full year extension or money back for all would be the correct way to treat customers after such debacle.

We didn't even get the 3 month.

Comment

• acwatts
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.8.x

VB need to get someone working on the apps full time. Without this it's pointless renewing.

Comment

• CEO254
              • Jan 2008
              • 4.1.x

I thought since they acquired Forum Runner, they would ditch the crappy version.
              <signature removed by staff>

Comment

• SteveLV702
                • Aug 2009

My app subscription expires July 18th so in 8 days... can you pump out atleast one more ugprade before then
                ------------------------------------------
                Steve
                DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• GHST
                  • Dec 2006
                  • 4.1.x

Seriously. My renewal is soon. We got 1 upgrade in the 3 month extension and it's still not up to par. Either drop the price of the mobile package or commit to more upgrades throughout the year.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...