iPhone App rejected: "the user interface of your app is not of sufficient quality"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orangeade
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.2.X

iPhone App rejected: "the user interface of your app is not of sufficient quality"

OK so now WHAT??????
    Binary Rejected Apr 29, 2012 06:54 PM
    Reasons for Rejection:
    10.6: Apple and our customers place a high value on simple, refined, creative, well thought through interfaces. They take more work but are worth it. Apple sets a high bar. If your user interface is complex or less than very good it may be rejected

Apr 29, 2012 06:54 PM. From Apple.

We found the user interface of your app is not of sufficient quality to be appropriate for the App Store. Apps that provide a poor user experience are not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, the user can post and read in the mechanical design forum. It would be appropriate to add more user features and native iOS functionality to create a better user experience.

Please evaluate whether you can make the necessary revisions to improve the user experience of your app.

Alternatively, you may wish to consider building a web app using HTML5. HTML5 is the major new version of HTML and enables audio and video to play natively in the browser without requiring proprietary plug-ins. Using HTML5, web apps look and behave like native iPhone and iPad apps, and using HTML5's Offline Application Cache, your web apps work even when the device is offline. With web apps, you have flexibility to deliver as much or as little functionality as you desire.

If you wish to build an HTML5 web app, you can do so and distribute it directly from your web site. It is not appropriate to submit an HTML5 web app to the App Store.

To get started with iPhone or iPad web apps, please review Getting Started with iPhone Web Apps.

For a description of the HTML elements and attributes you can use in Safari on iPhone, check out Safari HTML Reference: Introduction.
    My vBulletin forum. Check it out!
    Apps: iPhone/iPad, Android
  • SteveLV702
    • Aug 2009

I've had rejections like that I just appeal to the Apple App Review Board then within a few days its approved..
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• orangeade
      • Aug 2011
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by SteveLV702
      I've had rejections like that I just appeal to the Apple App Review Board then within a few days its approved..
      What did you tell them?

Comment

• SteveLV702
        • Aug 2009

That I bought it as a Rebranded Solutions from vbulletin.com/mobile and there are 100s of the app in the app store...
        Steve

Comment

• orangeade
          • Aug 2011
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by SteveLV702
          That I bought it as a Rebranded Solutions from vbulletin.com/mobile and there are 100s of the app in the app store...
          Thanks Steve. I have fired off a message in the Resolution Center. Hopefully that will do the trick....

Comment

• alfanexus
            • Dec 2008
            • 5.5.x

LOL I like their suggestion for a HTML5 app, that would free us from all the trouble with Apple.

Its not that i disagree with apple on this one, its for the same reason that I am still waiting to release the apps to my users, eventhough there is high demand for mobile aps. But still Apple is a pain in the a...

Comment

• orangeade
              • Aug 2011
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by alfanexus
              LOL I like their suggestion for a HTML5 app, that would free us from all the trouble with Apple.

Its not that i disagree with apple on this one, its for the same reason that I am still waiting to release the apps to my users, eventhough there is high demand for mobile aps. But still Apple is a pain in the a...
              Are you saying you're waiting for the app to improve, or did you get knocked back by apple like me?

Comment

• alfanexus
                • Dec 2008
                • 5.5.x

I am just waiting for the app to improve, its not that I think the app is all bad, i actually think vbulletin is doing a great job. However I dont think the app is good enough eighter, still some bugs that need to be fixed and the missing push notifications is what makes an app really powerfull compared to a mobile style.

So no I am not stuck because of apple trouble... yet

Comment

• orangeade
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 4.2.X

Originally posted by alfanexus
                  I am just waiting for the app to improve, its not that I think the app is all bad, i actually think vbulletin is doing a great job. However I dont think the app is good enough eighter, still some bugs that need to be fixed and the missing push notifications is what makes an app really powerfull compared to a mobile style.

So no I am not stuck because of apple trouble... yet
                  I was wondering about the push notifications...

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• SteveLV702
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by licensinglinks
                      OK so now WHAT??????

See from your signature that they accepted your Appeal and Approved your App
                      Steve

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...