X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carbuff
    • Dec 2011
    • 4.2.X

Youtube videos dont playback in the android app

Hi, i was wondering if anybody was having the same issue. Embedded Youtube videos playback just fine in the ios app but not in the Android app. I was told by VB staff to create an issue in JIRA. Please vote if you also have this issue. http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBA-301
    My board: Auto Forum powered by vBulletin.
  • Carbuff
    • Dec 2011
    • 4.2.X

Now that I have been using the vbulletin mobile publisher for a little while I would like to share some issues with you. First off though, I must say that overall especially considering the price, the app is very good, although it still has miles to go in the performance arena, but it will get there in the end.

Aside from the issue mentioned above, which vbulletin has still not responded to I noticed that the app will crash if you click refresh at the bottom of the home screen and then try and lick on something else. Also, about 20% of the time new threads do not show in the home screen area, even if you refresh.

I'm sure these issues can be resolved fairly quickly, and it would be great if vbulletin took action on these issues quickly, and not have to go through the long process of JIRA.

Comment

• af1racing
      • Jul 2006

Our users have noticed the same thing. We have found that it is an issue of how the app inconsistently retains capitalization in the video ID. Youtube is case sensitive, so any change to capitalization in the vid ID will be an invalid URL.

voted.

Comment

• Carbuff
        • Dec 2011
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by af1racing
        Our users have noticed the same thing. We have found that it is an issue of how the app inconsistently retains capitalization in the video ID. Youtube is case sensitive, so any change to capitalization in the vid ID will be an invalid URL.

voted.
        Thanks.

Another issue I just noticed is when you are sent a friend request and click notifications, the request appears for a split second and then dissappears.

Comment

• bbunce91
          • Mar 2012

Hi there. Is there any way to overcome this issue with the capitalization?

Regards,
          Brad

Comment

• bbunce91
            • Mar 2012

bump

Comment

• bbunce91
              • Mar 2012

Anybody resolved this?
              Brad

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...