Can someone clarify the difference between Premium and regular mobil styles?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • katoona
    • Mar 2008

Can someone clarify the difference between Premium and regular mobil styles?

I have just installed 4.1.11, and we now have the "default mobile style".

I am a little confused about the differences between the premium and default style. I also see that there is talk about Istore Apps and Android apps, and I would very much like an explanation to the differences between the different versions.

We have made our own templates for our addons within the Mobile Style, and our site works perfectly on my Iphone without any Apple accounts etc.

I know that I do not have any mod capabilites with the default style, but that is the only difference I have understood.

Can someone please clarify this issue a little further since there are probably many out there who are just as confused as I am.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

There is no difference with 4.1.11. The premium is now the default mobile style and the standard doesn't exist anymore. The Mobile Style is no longer related to the Mobile Suite and included in every vBulletin 4.1.11 download.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• katoona
      • Mar 2008

Ok, do I still need an Apple account? I understand that I need one if I want to publish an app, but what do I need the App for?

I can't edit the mobile Styles templates - is this restricted somehow?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

If you want to have an App in the Apple iTunes Store, than you need an Apple Developer Account. If you're simply going to use the Mobile Style, then you do not. APP does not equal STYLE. They are two completely different and unrelated things.

Don't know why you can't edit the templates. There should be no restrictions and it works just like any other style in the vBulletin system. If you're having problems you should start a thread in the vBulletin 4 Support forum here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...roubleshooting

or open a support ticket here: https://www.vbulletin.com/go/techsupport
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• benoit_i
          • Jan 2010

I have the same problem on my side, i just open a support ticket, we ll see

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...