X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bryanb
    • Sep 2003
    • 4.2.X

App removed from Adroid market

I created an Android app a few months ago uploaded it to the app store, and it worked fine. Members raved about it, and all was well.

A few weeks ago I received an email from the android market stating that the app breached their terms and conditions (the content of my forum deals with gambling), and if I had any issues with this to reply to the email. Of course I have an issue with this - I've emailed them a number of times - no response. Anyway, debating the possibility that my app breaches their terms isn't the point of this post.

I'm wondering if there is any other site that the app can be uploaded to so that my members can download it. Ironically, I bought a smartphone the day the app was removed, so I can't even use it. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!
    ~ Master of my own Domain ~
  • SteveLV702
    • Aug 2009

can try Amazon AppStore but if deals with gambling they will probably reject it....... So only option you then have would be to host on your own server and then they can download it from your site.... Though they will need to go into their phone settings and turn on ability download apps from third party sources.....
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• acwatts
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.8.x

GetJar is the biggest open appstore in the world, currently listing 994378+ apps with more than 3M downloads per day.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Many Android devices support Sideloading. - http://www.maximumpc.com/article/fea...d_android_apps
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Bryanb
          • Sep 2003
          • 4.2.X

Thanks all - I'm giving getjar.com a try - see how that goes.

Originally posted by SteveLV702
          ... So only option you then have would be to host on your own server and then they can download it from your site.... Though they will need to go into their phone settings and turn on ability download apps from third party sources.....
          How would I actually host my app on my own server? Is there an instruction manual or template somewhere? Actually, I would prefer to host it on my site since this app is for my forum members only. I'm not too concerned about reaching a mass audience.

Comment

• SteveLV702
            • Aug 2009

upload the .apk to your server and then link people that that file...............
            ------------------------------------------
            Steve
            DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
            CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
            TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
            Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• Bryanb
              • Sep 2003
              • 4.2.X

Thanks all. By the way, the Android shop finally got back to me and they have accepted my appeal. I'm free to upload it again

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...