How to install / run Mobile Suite Demo app?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vibhor
    • Jun 2009

How to install / run Mobile Suite Demo app?

Hello,

Before buying vBulletin Mobile Suite, I would like to test it on my (3.8) board to check how it functions and looks.

I have followed a few threads about testing demo app on this forum (Link 1 and Link 2) but I still cannot figure it out.

I have downloaded the Android package from Link 1 but it doesn't have an .apk file inside.

Please let me know what exactly do I need to do after downloading the Android demo app. Clear step-by-step instructions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Vibhor
    • Jun 2009

*Bump*

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

vB3 doesnt have the mobile api by default. Sorry, the test apps are only inteded for 4.1.3 or newer.

Comment

• Vibhor
        • Jun 2009

Oops. That means I cannot test vBulletin Mobile Suite on my forum?

Does vBulletin Mobile Suite works on vBulletin 3.8 if I install it after purchasing?

If yes, are there any example of forums running Mobile app. on 3.8 so that I can have a look.

Comment

• Vibhor
          • Jun 2009

Anyone, please?

Comment

• ENF
            • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Vibhor
            Oops. That means I cannot test vBulletin Mobile Suite on my forum?

Does vBulletin Mobile Suite works on vBulletin 3.8 if I install it after purchasing?

If yes, are there any example of forums running Mobile app. on 3.8 so that I can have a look.
            You can see the features and abilities here:

It notes that:

vBulletin Forum Classic (supports version 3.7.5+ to 3.8.x & 4.1.2+) and Publishing Suite (supports version 4.1.2+)

I don't know of a vb3.8 forum with a mobile suite personally. However, the application looks and functions the same except that it won't have the publisher suite features that are present in vb4 Suite versions.

You would also need to install the Mobile API for v3 forums that you can get from the members area after you have purchased the Mobile Suite.

Also, as a kind reminder, for iOS you will also need to create and pay for an Apple Developer's account ($99/year) as well as have or have access to a MacOS machine to compile and publish the iOS version of the mobile suite. A lot of people seem to not read the fine print about this part...
            Last edited by ENF; Sun 11 Mar '12, 11:42pm.
            To be updated...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...