Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khalid
    • May 2001

Quick Reply in iPhone App

In the iPhone app, I can not see the quick reply box. Is there a setting to do for activating the quickreply?

Note: The vBulletin app has this quick reply box.
  • GHST
    • Dec 2006
    • 4.1.x

Sigh, we never received the latest update (1.1.3) to distribute to our users. The current version available to us is 1.1.2. It's been the same version since a month into this mobile suite.

Vb had some issues with mobile developers leaving and they say they hired more but we haven't seen an update.

Comment

• khalid
      • May 2001

I am not sure I understood your point GHST.
      Do you have the mobile app for your forums? Do you have the quick reply box there?

Comment

• GHST
        • Dec 2006
        • 4.1.x

I do have mobile apps. No they do not contain the quick reply box.

No current forum owners have the quick reply box for their mobile app. Only vbulletin has it because they are running a newer version.

All of us who have purchased the mobile apps have only received a few versions since the apps have been made available. We haven't had a new version pushed to us in many months.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

An update to the mobile apps is scheduled soon
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Honda Accord
            • Nov 2011
            • 4.2.X

Thanks Trevor is there a tentative date or is that open ended.. As soon can be interpreted as of yesterday too..
            Founder of Accord Owners Club UK AOCUK

Comment

• fromtheflames
              • Dec 2009

Jira says "monday"!

Comment

• khalid
                • May 2001

Thanks GHST for your reply.

Trevor, I will be waiting for the next release.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

Originally posted by fromtheflames
                  Jira says "monday"!
                  Where does it say that?
                  Vote for:

Comment

• acwatts
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                    Where does it say that?
                    On the main android page I first saw it when it said there was a week to go.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Aug 2002
                      • 5.7.X

That's not necessarily when it's being released publicly - look at this:

It's got a Release Date of 'Today' but that's not gonna happen... These are for internal use, perhaps they should be hidden from public viewing
                      Vote for:

Comment

• fromtheflames
                        • Dec 2009

:-\

Comment

• Mark.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          • Feb 2004
                          • 6.0.X

Originally posted by GHST
                          I do have mobile apps. No they do not contain the quick reply box.

No current forum owners have the quick reply box for their mobile app. Only vbulletin has it because they are running a newer version.

All of us who have purchased the mobile apps have only received a few versions since the apps have been made available. We haven't had a new version pushed to us in many months.
                          This again raises a very valid point about the conflict of interest on vBulletin now.

Many of IB's sites are in direct competition with vBulletin customers. Yet they now get an unfair competitive advantage by being able to run things like the updated mobile app, months before ordinary customers can.

This is completely out of order, and if there are beta versions of apps with major usability improvements such as this, then I don't see why it can't be released as a beta to those customers who have paid for the app. Rather than allowing IB's sites to claim to be the first with new features all the time, which is an abuse of the company's position.
                          Last edited by Mark.B; Mon 30 Jan '12, 3:35am.
                          MARK.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          ------------
                          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                            vBulletin Support
                            • Aug 2002
                            • 5.7.X

Mark, it's nothing to do with conflict of interest but lack of internal support should the app have caused issues - they were simply unwilling to release 1.1.3 in the state it was (it hadn't been through QA). We did actually push for it's release many times in Support...
                            Vote for:

Comment

• Honda Accord
                              • Nov 2011
                              • 4.2.X

Right guys,

I received notification a week ago in VB members area I had to update my Andriod app to the latest build. The latest VersionCode is : 20120125 VersionName: 1.1.2

Now they say sarcasm is the lost form of wit .. What was the point of this update when it done nothing to resolve anything …: all it done is updated the Version Code !!!!

I have error logs being reported YET again.. do I get the white flag and get my arm up and surrender

I am on 4.1.10 and supported version code and version name.. Did the VB developers test this in a LAB or are we the customers to do that for you AT our expense.

Come on this is getting beyond a (Swear) JOKE
                              Founder of Accord Owners Club UK AOCUK

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...