Will vBulletin extend our Mobile licenses?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikesSite
    • Jan 2009
    • 3.8.x

Will vBulletin extend our Mobile licenses?

I'm hoping to get an answer from someone at vBulletin about this, figured I would post here. Are there any plans at all to extend members' mobile licenses free of charge because of the buggy software and lack of updates?

I highly doubt it but would be pleasantly surprised if they did. Anyone from vBulletin have any news on this?

Thanks.
  • oldlock
    • Jun 2009
    • 3.8.x

I concur, if VB management wish to retain any goodwill from their customers they should extend the licence free of charge. Like you however somehow I doubt it, I expect at best a nominal discount on the next year. I for one will not be renewing it if there is a charge of any amount to do so.

Comment

• TheNewOne
      • Aug 2011

agree with that you should make a poll

Comment

• whitey10tc
        • Jan 2011
        • 4.0.x

Notice that the staff very seldom comment on this type of thread. So I'm not holding my breath for a miracle to happen. They robbed us and have moved on.
        www.cdmagurus.com
        www.cellphone-gurus.com

Comment

• beishe8
          • Oct 2005
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by MikesSite
          Are there any plans at all to extend members' mobile licenses free of charge because of the buggy software and lack of updates?

I highly doubt it but would be pleasantly surprised if they did.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• MikesSite
            • Jan 2009
            • 3.8.x

Looks like they extended them!
            Last edited by MikesSite; Tue 17 Jul '12, 9:17am.

Comment

• C.Birch
              • Apr 2002
              • 3.6.x

Well taking in mind its from being basic and working to being basic and not working, they for should give a other year free and also fix all the long outstanding problems with this.

Comment

• pokesph
                • Apr 2003

I've YET to see an update for this product while many promises about features, updates, and the like were made almost none were delivered. It is almost time for my mobile lic to renew and I can say we'll not be renewing UNLESS there are drastic changes, and the update cycle is decreased substantially.

vB should give us our monies' worth and so far hasn't.. +1 for a free 1 yr renewal.

OR better yet, tie it to your vB suite and just include it free for everyone, and refund the money-OK, that will never happen.. but its a thought..
                Steve, Webmaster and Admin
                www.pokecommunity.com

Comment

• Loco.M
                  • Mar 2005
                  • 3.5.x

You always have options to look elsewhere, don't just accept that vb might produce a quality product someday.
                  -- Web Developer for hire
                  ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Alfa1
                    • Dec 2005
                    • 3.8.x

I would be very surprised if that happens. just like i would be highly surprised if the would compensate vb4 license owners who still not use vb4 due to its quality.
                    I buy 420 forums

Comment

• m0rgulvale
                      • Jun 2008

this mobile suite software was a complete waste of time and money for me. i'm glad i decided to just give up on this worthless product months back.

Comment

• mclark
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 3.6.x

They're getting ready to update the product. I must say the timing couldn't be better for them as so many have their licenses up for renewal.

If you're reading this and considering buying this product, DON'T. I purchased a license in May 2011. There has been one (1) update to the product and we're heading into February of 2012. Unless vBulletin makes up for the lack of support of this product with something WILDLY good, I will not renew my license along with so many others who felt swindled.

Again, THE PRODUCT IS NOT USABLE. I HAD TO PULL THE PRODUCT FROM THE ANDROID MARKET BECAUSE IT IS MISSING A LOT OF FUNCTIONALITY LIKE IT DOESN'T PARSE QUOTE, THE PM SYSTEM IS MESSED UP, YOU HAVE ZERO CONTROL OVER YOUR PLUGINS INTERACTING WITH IT ETC. ETC.

As of now, this is a LEMON. My license was a gift to vBulletin. I am forced to use TapaTalk free where my users have to give money to tapatalk to use their product to view my forum. I make ZERO income. If you're considering this product, DO NOT BUY IT.

Comment

• acwatts
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 3.8.x

I want all the functionality similar to Tapatalk before I pay up again.

Comment

• Honda Accord
                            • Nov 2011
                            • 4.2.X

In light of the staffing issues and mismanagement of the contractors , the honourable thing VB could do is extend it with a proviso this situation doesn't happen.

I had a questionnaire by email gauging my level of confidence in the Mobile suite , I am sure VB is looking already a the wider ramifications of their actions...
                            Founder of Accord Owners Club UK AOCUK

Comment

• mclark
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Honda Accord
                              In light of the staffing issues and mismanagement of the contractors , the honourable thing VB could do is extend it with a proviso this situation doesn't happen.

I had a questionnaire by email gauging my level of confidence in the Mobile suite , I am sure VB is looking already a the wider ramifications of their actions...
                              I too answered the questionnaire and gave frank and germane feedback. There are several questions of implied warranty and warranty of merchantability with the Mobile product. It was NOT released under a beta-ware or other agreements specifically disclaiming that it would probably fail or not work correctly, and support was part of the agreement. What's most disturbing is the poor quality of workmanship put into this product and the lack of real assurances to its customers given by the company. I do not blame staff for the way this has been handled; they work here and do as they are trained and told.

Although this product is fast turning into a scam, I am very happy with the "fixing" of bugs and improved functionality of VB4 of late... unfortunately that's and entirely different story and doesn't placate our woes on how much of a letdown the Mobile product has been both to the community and the vBulletin brand as a whole.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...