What exactly do I get with the "Mobile Suite"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wabes
    • Sep 2013
    • 5.0.X

What exactly do I get with the "Mobile Suite"?

I am a current VB 5 customer and am interested in adding the mobile suite to my account. Here are my questions about it:

1) Do I get a discount for already having the VB license? $150 instead of the full $200?
    2) Will these apps be branded to my site? For example, it will have my logo and name at the beginning instead of a giant VB logo?
    3) What is the difference between using the mobile suite and using ForumRunner. I noticed having a custom version of ForumRunner is much more expensive. Does it have more features?
  • Huskermax
    • Mar 2010
    • 4.2.X

mobile suite I believe is not in VB5 at this time. They will add it later. But I have it in VB4 and it cost extra plus you have the costs to uploaded it to the app markets that are out there. Our app for our board is free but run ads on it and the money we make off the ads pays for all the fees. We have a lot of people use on their mobile devices so it is a win for us. I have our logo on our app, going with the VB app you have full control over the app and any money the app makes. To use forumRunner you might reach more people but the cost out weights the benefit.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

vBulletin Mobile Suite works with vBulletin 5 and fully supported after 5.0.2.

1) If you purchase the bundle, a discount is applied. Purchased separately, you would pay the higher price.

2) These are branded iOS and Android Apps that you can upload to their respective stores like Google Play, Apple's App Store and the Kindle App Store.

3) The Mobile Suite is less expensive than Forum Runner. Features are about the same. However with Forum Runner, we handle the submission of the Apps to your app store accounts.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• wabes
        • Sep 2013
        • 5.0.X

Thanks Wayne, when you say they are "branded" apps do you mean I am allowed to brand them with my brand?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...