Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveLV702
    • Aug 2009

App Rejected considered spam by Apple

okay went to submit my app with some changes and app got rejected for this reason:

=========================================

Binary Rejected Oct 23, 2011 09:27 PM
    Reasons for Rejection:
    2.20: Developers “spamming” the App Store with many versions of similar apps will be removed from the iOS Developer Program
    Oct 23, 2011 09:27 PM. From Apple.

We found that your app provides the same feature set as other apps you've submitted to the App Store; it only varies the content.

We understand the word "spam" can have a negative connotation. However, we use it simply to characterize a large number of very similar app that then causes the App Store to seem "cluttered". Apps that replicate functionality but provide different content contribute to a sense of clutter in the App Store, hindering users' ability to find apps. As such, they do not comply with the App Store Review Guidelines.

It would be appropriate to review your app concept to determine if you can add features or content to differentiate this app from your other apps or to determine if you can combine your apps into a single app, providing a way for your users to download additional feature/content sets for free, for the various forums available.

For app design information, check out the videos: Getting Started video: The Ingredients of Great iPhone Apps" and iPhone User Interface Design," available on the iOS Developer Center, and the iOS Human Interface Guidelines in particular, the sections, Great iOS Apps Embrace the Platform and HI Design Principles" and "Human Interface Principles".

To appeal this review, please submit a request to the App Review Board.

For discrete code-level questions, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. Please be sure to include any symbolicated crash logs, screenshots, or steps to reproduce the issues when you submit your request. For information on how to symbolicate and read a crash log, please see Tech Note TN2151 Understanding and Analyzing iPhone OS Application Crash Reports.
    ===========================================

Which makes absolutely no sense cause don't see anyone getting confused over my apps seeing how all have different content, different colors/looks and different icons while I have a Lite/Free ad support version and a Pro/Paid no-ads version of each of my apps they still have different icons....... I appealed to the App Review Board and even stated how don't agree and in that case all the duplicates of Angry Birds should never have been approved and therefore should be pulled... Angry Birds Rio & Angry Birds Seasons should have just been put in the first Angry Birds app people are more likely to get confused over that since icons all almost look identical all almost have same name, etc..... So hopefully they will see my logic and approve it...

So my reason for posting this is because I have feature request on this already but in light of this rejection it should be addressed URGENTLY. I believe it will become more widespread especially for people who hold MULTIPLE Licenses/Forums and won't be able to have Apps for all of them without being considered spam by Apple...

So first need to add the ability to have a Free app with ads and make it pro without ads using in app purchase... So only have 1 app in app store...

Second guess need to have multiple forums in 1 app......

So anyone else get their app rejected for this BS reason?
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
  • IBxAnders
    • Aug 2001
    • 4.0.x

How many apps do you have under your account?
    anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
    Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
    Please be my friend!
    http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
    vBulletin Performance Articles:
    Click here to read

Comment

• SteveLV702
      • Aug 2009

the ones in my signature
      Steve

Comment

• bstillman
        • Jun 2007
        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by SteveLV702

the ones in my signature
        Color me retarded, but I don't see your sig and don't remember turning them off.

Comment

• bstillman
          • Jun 2007
          • 3.8.x

Scratch that. I had signatures turned off. No idea how or why. I never do that. Weird.

Comment

• SteveLV702
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by bstillman
            Scratch that. I had signatures turned off. No idea how or why. I never do that. Weird.
            lol
            Steve

Comment

• IBxAnders
              • Aug 2001
              • 4.0.x

Steve - yeah, this is a problem, Apple starts paying attention at about 8 similar apps. You will have to get an additional Apple dev account to house your apps. Unfortunately, this is an Apple rule and we can't help you out in this case.
              anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
              Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
              Please be my friend!
              http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
              vBulletin Performance Articles:
              Click here to read

Comment

• SteveLV702
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by IBxAnders
                Steve - yeah, this is a problem, Apple starts paying attention at about 8 similar apps. You will have to get an additional Apple dev account to house your apps. Unfortunately, this is an Apple rule and we can't help you out in this case.

ya getting a second developer account isn't a option either tried that before and reject the second dev account because already have one....
                Steve

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Seems like we need the feature of allowing in-app purchasing to remove advertising instead of forcing users to publish a lite and pro version.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• SteveLV702
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    Seems like we need the feature of allowing in-app purchasing to remove advertising instead of forcing users to publish a lite and pro version.
                    exactly

Steve

Comment

• pablo
                      • Apr 2002
                      • 3.8.x

Well you would still get hit with the limit of 8... if you had 8 forums you wanted to do that on.
                      My Sites :

Comment

• SteveLV702
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by pablo
                        Well you would still get hit with the limit of 8... if you had 8 forums you wanted to do that on.
                        ya but instead of me being at 8 now I would only be at 4 so have some room to grow... was going to start some more forums with apps but as of right now not going to make that commitment until this issue is addressed...
                        Steve

Comment

• worried
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 4.2.X

BTW, what's the (Amazon) app in your signature? They offer something similar?

Comment

• SteveLV702
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by worried
                            BTW, what's the (Amazon) app in your signature? They offer something similar?
                            Yes they have a Android App store so just another distribution method only thing is its $99 year like Apple but unlike Apple get first year free. So using my free year to test it and see how it does which do far does alot better then Android built in market I have over 3 times the orders on Amazon..

Just sig doesn't actually have link because I tried to add link but then vbulletin said was over the sig limit.
                            Last edited by SteveLV702; Tue 25 Oct '11, 4:30am.
                            Steve

Comment

• SteveLV702
                              • Aug 2009

***UPDATE***

I appealed to the App Review Board cause find it funny that they say it confuses people so my apps all with totally different names, different icons and different content confuses people but then got apps like the dozens of Angry Birds that all have "Angry Birds" in name, practically same looking icons and same content yet they are not forced to combine in one app...

Anyway a Richard from the Apple App Review Board called discussed it with him stated: (1) Can't combine all site into one app its a rebranded purchased solutions from vbulletin.com/mobile (2) I wouldn't combine them even if I could they don't go together in any way.

Then he asked how many I currently have in app store I told him he asked how many more I got I said none this is my very last one... So he said it would pass on to team see if can get approved... Then 3-4 weeks go buy without hearing from anyone then 11/22/11 I got a voicemail message from Richard asking me to resubmit the app so they could approve it.. woohoo finally gonna get approved....... not so fast today I get another rejection for the same reason...

So again appealed to app review board and attached copy of conversations with Richard.. yes I recorded the phone calls and kept all the emails....
                              Steve

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...