Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pokesph
    • Apr 2003

observations and suggestions for iOS/Apple "instructions"

Ok I finally submitted my iPhone app ver (free one, paid is next) and I also found little issues with the supplied instructions.

Overall the process went well enough and was, for the most part, easy but there are a few areas that can be reworked to be more clear or to include missing information:
    1) During the resigning process the instructions says to "Write down your company name, which appears after “Provisioning Portal” in the directly above the distribution tab. In the example screenshot from step 5, the company name is “Internet Brands, Inc”. It is case-sensitive.".. well for individuals, there is no name shown and the instructions should mention that and state to use your name (same name you created your certs with) and show it in the shell command example.

2) During the Application Loader process, the next step after you click "Yes" for Select “Yes” when the prompt asks if the application has been tested and qualified prompt is not there. It should state, Click "Choose" and browse to your app zip file and click "Send" (a new screen shot would be good here)
    Everything else, for me anyway went well and my new app is awaiting approval now.

Off to members area to build the paid version now..
    Steve, Webmaster and Admin
    www.pokecommunity.com
  • alkrida
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

thank you
    I'm still stuck in this

Comment

• SteveLV702
      • Aug 2009

1) instructions should be updated cause like you said where they tell you to look has nothing. Should be updated to have you look at

Application > Utilities > Keychain Access > My Certificates

Then loom for one that says

iPhone Distribution: NAME HERE

then use the name exactly as it appears after the iPhone Distribution: part..

2) weird cause I just submitted a app yesterday and it asked me if I tested and had to choose Yes or No before could click browse.
      ------------------------------------------
      Steve
      DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• pokesph
        • Apr 2003

Hmm, I think they changed it some over the last few days.. if not, I must be blind
        Steve, Webmaster and Admin
        www.pokecommunity.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...