Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CruisersConnect
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
    I believe 1.1.3 will be made available soon but I'll confirm that later...
    Can we please get an update? Thank you!

Comment

• IBxAnders
      • Aug 2001
      • 4.0.x

Originally posted by CruisersConnect
      Can we please get an update? Thank you!
      We are approximately, about 2 weeks away from releasing an update. I will confirm and update, sorry about the delay.
      anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
      Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
      Please be my friend!
      http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
      vBulletin Performance Articles:
      Click here to read

Comment

• CruisersConnect
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by IBxAnders
        We are approximately, about 2 weeks away from releasing an update. I will confirm and update, sorry about the delay.
        Thank you for this update. Will we also be seeing more updates more frequently after this next one? Does this mean the staffing/resourcing issue has been resolved? Thank you!

Comment

• pablo
          • Apr 2002
          • 3.8.x

Great to see an update. Still it seems to have taken a long time to come to this.

I'm sorry to say but the fact that the mobile license expires every year, it doesn't seem to be in vBulletin's interest to release quickly.
          My Sites :

Comment

• GHST
            • Dec 2006
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by pablo
            Great to see an update. Still it seems to have taken a long time to come to this.

I'm sorry to say but the fact that the mobile license expires every year, it doesn't seem to be in vBulletin's interest to release quickly.
            Yes, I do hope they continue to improve the app on a more consistent basis. The yearly renewal seems less and less appealing as we go along.

Comment

• edytwinky
              • Aug 2007
              • 3.8.x

1.1.3 is in the process of final testing; it has much improved pagination and some bug fixes.
              I never knew final testing would take two and a half months, probably more

Comment

• worried
                • Dec 2008
                • 4.2.X

4 months have gone by without any upgrades.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Aug 2002
                  • 5.7.X

This isn't down to desire to bring in more money by not updating it but by resource issues as previously stated. I'm sure you've all seen that mobile developers have left...
                  Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• worried
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 4.2.X

Thank you for letting us know. I hope you can replace them.

Comment

• CruisersConnect
                      • Mar 2010

This isn't down to desire to bring in more money by not updating it but by resource issues as previously stated. I'm sure you've all seen that mobile developers have left...
                      Hello Trevor, I actually didn't notice that! Hahaha Are they going to be replaced by a whole new group of Mobile Developers? Thank you for the updates!

Comment

• Infopro
                        • Jun 2003
                        • 3.8.x

Me either. Where's the thread on that at?

Comment

• mclark
                          • Nov 2007
                          • 3.6.x

Trevor and Support,

To pacify the forum and those who are using the mobile product, I recommend vbulletin extend the current license period for those who have purchased the product. We, the users, are not responsible for vbulletin's resource problems.

I purchased the mobile suite in May 2011. My license renews in May 2012. It's November 2011, 6 months after purchase, and I've seen 1 (one) update to the android product, another update to the form generator vbulletin uses to configure the app.

The current updates/upgrades for Android have not been made available due to "resource problems" for several months. But again, those resource problems are not the responsibility of the users who purchase the mobile product.

In the name of positive PR and good will, please pass forward that those who purchased the mobile license have their license extended for a few months because of the resource problems, or the license period does not run until vbulletin can fix the problem and get the necessary employees to support the mobile product.

I write this with all due respect and thank you for your consideration.

Comment

• Infopro
                            • Jun 2003
                            • 3.8.x

I think this has been the opinion of all, even those with just vB forum classic, for a long time now, TBH. We bought a product and are now helping to finish it via the community. It's still not done even with all this community effort to date. Why not? And if it is a resource issue, that's not our problem thats a management problem. Either way, you have our money, the clock is ticking and the version keeps increasing toward the next full version and more money. More money that people are already choking on.

You don't make due with the Developers you have, you go out and hire more to get the job done. This is not an open source project. (although it plays one online here every day more and more it seems.)

Comment

• CEO254
                              • Jan 2008
                              • 4.1.x

Why not release the source code? Perhaps some of us can fix these problems.
                              <signature removed by staff>

Comment

• CruisersConnect
                                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by mclark
                                Trevor and Support,

To pacify the forum and those who are using the mobile product, I recommend vbulletin extend the current license period for those who have purchased the product. We, the users, are not responsible for vbulletin's resource problems.

I purchased the mobile suite in May 2011. My license renews in May 2012. It's November 2011, 6 months after purchase, and I've seen 1 (one) update to the android product, another update to the form generator vbulletin uses to configure the app.

The current updates/upgrades for Android have not been made available due to "resource problems" for several months. But again, those resource problems are not the responsibility of the users who purchase the mobile product.

In the name of positive PR and good will, please pass forward that those who purchased the mobile license have their license extended for a few months because of the resource problems, or the license period does not run until vbulletin can fix the problem and get the necessary employees to support the mobile product.

I write this with all due respect and thank you for your consideration.
                                I 100% agree and could not of said it any better!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...