X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • restawhile
    • Jun 2006
    • 3.5.x

Create Account Error - registration_failed

​Has anyone else had this problem or knows a solution?

In both the Android and the iPhone app's when selecting the option to 'Create Account' after filling in the information requested and accepting the forum rules the app returns an error code of registration_failed. This I presume is just a default error code for any kind of registration error and does not relate to one particular problem. I have a hunch that it could be being caused as a result of our forum registration process requiring the user to enter the answer to one of a set of predefined security questions, which are not present in either app's registration processes.

Is there a way to either integrate the security question into the app's or to allow registration without security questions for just the mobile users?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank You
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Which app version are you using? Do you have any add-ons installed on your forums?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• restawhile
      • Jun 2006
      • 3.5.x

Re-Create Account Error

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Which app version are you using? Do you have any add-ons installed on your forums?

The mobile app versions are Android - 1.1.2 and Apple - 1.0.1 and we are using the latest Mobile API 1.2.0. We have BF-Spammer Stoper running on our forums which randomly presents one of 3 questions to be answered during registration.

Also, could re-Captcha have anything to do with it? Or is this somehow bypassed if registering using the mobile app's?

Is it looking like the add-on or re-Captcha could be it?

If so, do you have any ideas how this could be 'worked around', so it remains active for browser based registrations but is bypassed for mobile ones?

Thanks Again

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Yes, my guess is that add-on is not compatible with the Mobile Apps. I suggest contacting the author of that app for help with this.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• restawhile
          • Jun 2006
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Yes, my guess is that add-on is not compatible with the Mobile Apps. I suggest contacting the author of that app for help with this.
          Thank You Steve, very helpful and quick response. I have disabled the plug-in and this has solved the problem. Just out of interest would you happen to know of any similar add-ons (Spam Stoppers/Enhanced Security) that are supported by the mobile app's?

Thank You

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

No sorry, I don't. You can try asking over at vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Hawk2
              • Apr 2008
              • 4.1.x

you can get the updated app here

Comment