X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sailnet
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

more disappointments with Apple and Iphone App

after two weeks of beating my head against the wall - watching the videos over and over and reading the detailed instructions and with some really great on-line support help from Steve702LV yesterday to help get our certs installed properly I was finally able to submit by app to Apple

ONLY TO BE PROMTLY REJECTED!

I can't even begin to express the level of frustration I have and everyone in my company has with the entire Apple submission process and the complexity of the process and the inflexibility in the process.

The instructions on video and in writing are as detailed as is possible but in reality that's not good enough. I think that Vbulletin should offer the submission process as part of the deal in order to save their customers hundreds if not thousands of wasting man hours.

In any event - we need help and we need it now.

Out first attempt to submit an app was an abysmal failure and we had to request that a second bundle be sent to us - thank you very much Vulletin Sales & Support for doing this for us.

As you may or may not know once you create an App name you cannot rename it or delete it so our app name 'Sailnet' got used up in a failed attempt and we had to assign another name to our app - so we chose Sailnet-App.

In any event - the second time around we we well clued into all the pitfalls in the submission process and made no mistakes only to have apple reject our app for the reasons below - which to us are incomprehensible.

the message we received from Apple is show below - however we will add that
    1) We clearly used the Development Cetrtificate
    2) We have no idea where in Xcode the code signing setting are located since that's not in any of the videos or documentation on submitting an app
    3) We have no idea what a "release target' in Xcode is because again this is not part of the documentation.

any help would truly be appreciated because even after we get this finally submitted we have to wait weeks for Apple to approve the App even though it's a canned app from Vbulletin.

~~~~~~~

Dear Developer,
    We have discovered one or more issues with your recent binary submission for "Sailnet-App". The following issues will need to be corrected in order for your application to proceed to review:

Invalid Signature - Make sure you have signed your application with a distribution certificate, not an ad hoc certificate or a development certificate. Verify that the code signing settings in Xcode are correct at the target level (which override any values at the project level). Additionally, make sure the bundle you are uploading was built using a Release target in Xcode, not a Simulator target. If you are certain your code signing settings are correct, choose "Clean All" in Xcode, delete the "build" directory in the Finder, and rebuild your release target.

Once you have corrected these issues, go to the app's version details page (found in the Manage Your Applications module of iTunes Connect) and click Ready to Submit Binary. Proceed through the submission process until the app's status is Waiting for Upload. You can then use Application Loader to upload the corrected binary.

Regards,

The iTunes Store Team
    Home of the most annoying and complex submission process on Planet Earth
    Signed: Steve Jobs - 'The Devil'

• imedic
    • Feb 2008
    • 3.8.x

So is better to upload first time a test application and if all is good you upload with real name?
    What was the reason of failure the first time?

Comment

• m0rgulvale
      • Jun 2008

i agree 100%. terrible waste of time. android process is a lot more logical

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...