X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sailnet
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.5.x

Not happy with out of date instructions

Your published instructions for Apple say we must purchase Max OSX Snow Leopard - which we did.

it's 10.6.3

then at the very end of all the gyrations we're done over the last few weeks after getting approved as an apple developer I go to upload the mobile and and the instructions say :WAIT - Do not upload unless you have X-Code-4

so I download X-Code-4 and guess what - X-code-4 says it requires 10.6.6 not 10.6.3

this really sucks!

I am not happy at all right now with Vbulletin.
  • m0rgulvale
    • Jun 2008

that is brutal. what a waste of time and money

Comment

• sailnet
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.5.x

having to deal with those apple's requirements is like being made to crawl over broken beers bottles for ten miles just to kiss a butt ugly woman.
      Last edited by sailnet; Thu 28 Jul '11, 10:29am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Originally posted by sailnet
        Your published instructions for Apple say we must purchase Max OSX Snow Leopard - which we did.

it's 10.6.3

then at the very end of all the gyrations we're done over the last few weeks after getting approved as an apple developer I go to upload the mobile and and the instructions say :WAIT - Do not upload unless you have X-Code-4

so I download X-Code-4 and guess what - X-code-4 says it requires 10.6.6 not 10.6.3

this really sucks!

I am not happy at all right now with Vbulletin.
        It's a free upgrade. Click on the Apple logo, then Software Update.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• sailnet
          • Jan 2006
          • 3.5.x

yes steve we friggin did that and had to reboot the computer and when we went back in to the app guess what the friggin UPLOAD button no longer appears.

so since there is no documentation or help on what to do - I delete the app and guess what....when I try to re-add the app it now says:

The SKU number you have entered has already been used
          The APP name you entered has already been used.

I friggin hate apple so much it's beyond words.

this is a frgging nightmare is the truest sense of the words.I h

ave invested nearly 40 hours are hundreds of dollars and we are nowhere!

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Sorry, I have no idea what you mean. I've never had any problems updating the Mac OS. The latest version is 10.6.8, so you are 5 versions behind.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• sailnet
              • Jan 2006
              • 3.5.x

I submitted a support ticket. I would like to get a new bundle id for apple. I can't resubmit old bundle and can't use the new bundle because I deleted the app once the upload would not show up on their site.

I am stuck and everyone is breathing down my neck to get this app submitted.

please check my support ticket - thanks

Comment

• sailnet
                • Jan 2006
                • 3.5.x

Steve - we need to get a completely new bundle for the Iphone.

If you log-out when you are in the middle of adding an app in itunesconnect and then log back in - the ability to upload is gone forever.

Thus we had no choice but to delete the app so that we could re-add it in order to get the upload button...

Mind you we had to do this because the updated OS apple shipped us last week on CD was 5 versions behind and we had to upgrade the OS just so we could install xcode.

Now we are hopelessly stuck and cannot use the sku or bundle we deleted - the itunesconnect website is telling us we need a new sku and a new bundle.

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                Sorry, I have no idea what you mean. I've never had any problems updating the Mac OS. The latest version is 10.6.8, so you are 5 versions behind.
                Last edited by sailnet; Thu 28 Jul '11, 12:07pm.

Comment

• SteveLV702
                  • Aug 2009

the problem is you in itunesconnect clicked ready upload you do but you dont upload via itunesconnect hence why the upload button is greyed out is because you already readyed upload you then use "Application Loader" to actually upload it you do not upload through itunesconnect website....

So you should have never deleted the app from in itunesconnect cause wont let you readd it........
                  ------------------------------------------
                  Steve
                  DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                  CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                  TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                  Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• sailnet
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 3.5.x

Originally posted by SteveLV702
                    the problem is you in itunesconnect clicked ready upload you do but you dont upload via itunesconnect hence why the upload button is greyed out is because you already readyed upload you then use "Application Loader" to actually upload it you do not upload through itunesconnect website....

So you should have never deleted the app from in itunesconnect cause wont let you readd it........
                    yea and now I'm stuck - their entire process sucks - it's a horrendous was of doing things. I'm sure they have their reasons but the droid process was simple.

Comment

• SteveLV702
                      • Aug 2009

message apple developer support and see if they can re-add/restore for you just say you accidentally deleted it... cause even if vbulletin creates new bundle id wont be able to use same name for app..
                      ------------------------------------------
                      Steve
                      DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                      CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                      TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                      Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...