Android Version 1.1.2 Bug: Profile Fields Still Do Not Work Propertly (vBulletin 3.8)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silkroad
    • Sep 2000
    • 3.7.x

Android Version 1.1.2 Bug: Profile Fields Still Do Not Work Propertly (vBulletin 3.8)

FYI, Just upgraded to version to the new 1.2.0 API (on vBulletin 3.8.4 Patch Level 2) and the User Profile page is missing all the (left side labels) attributes (the same as the first release).

No, we are not going to fill out a JIRA report, since we are not vB software developers Just letting you know that as soon as we upgraded, we immediate found a major bug in the User Profile page.

On the positive side, we do see some of the bbcode tags working this release
  • silkroad
    • Sep 2000
    • 3.7.x

Screenshot of user profile bug above. Bug happens in all user profiles in app.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20110704-011318.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	3682774

Comment

• Zachery
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Jul 2002

So, you didn't fill out a bug report, or check to find a bug report. But you're wondering if a possibly unreported bug has been fixed?

I know you cannot be bothered to write a bug report, but you might want to at least comment it hasn't been fixed.

If you really want your issues fixed, reporting them is the best way to acomplish it, if its already reported, try to tell us that you're also getting it and if possible provide steps to reproduce or add to the bug report.

We cannot reliably re-create lots of bugs end users have, and until someone TELLS us about them, they might never get fixed.

It didn't seem to be a big deal to report bugs in the VB3 days, why is it now?

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by silkroad
        No, we are not going to fill out a JIRA report
        If you dont report it, then it cannot be looked at or fixed. Bugs are not known about or looked at via a crystal ball, only if they are reported.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• silkroad
          • Sep 2000
          • 3.7.x

Same issue with iPhone app. And yes, we have already stated that since we are paying customers and not vB software developers then we are not, under any circumstances, will be insulted or bullied into filling out your JIRA reports. If vB thinks they can force paying customers to fill out their software developers JIRA reports and then reply "we will not look at you bugs then".... so be it, LOL

Here is the same bug with the iPhone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	usercp.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	3682777

OBTW: When we purchased this mobile app software, nowhere in the terms and conditions did it state clearly (or anywhere in the pre-purchase conditions and terms, something to the effect of):

"Customers who purchase the vB mobile app suite not get any product support unless the customer report bugs using our JIRA system. We at vBulletin expect our customers to do the reporting work and we can't be bothered with filling out JIRA reports at vBulletin if you post in the forums or send us bug reports using any method except what we at vB deem appropriate for us."
          Last edited by silkroad; Sun 3 Jul '11, 10:19pm.

Comment

• Paul M
            Former Lead Developer
            vB.Com & vB.Org
            • Sep 2004

In the time you have spent whinging about it, you could filled out several reports.
            Last edited by Paul M; Mon 4 Jul '11, 12:27am.
            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• SteveLV702
              • Aug 2009

Same issue with iPhone app. And yes, we have already stated that since we are paying customers and not vB software developers then we are not, under any circumstances, will be insulted or bullied into filling out your JIRA reports. If vB thinks they can force paying customers to fill out their software developers JIRA reports and then reply "we will not look at you bugs then".... so be it, LOL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53893[/ATTACH]

OBTW: When we purchased this mobile app software, nowhere in the terms and conditions did it state clearly (or anywhere in the pre-purchase conditions and terms, something to the effect of):

"Customers who purchase the vB mobile app suite not get any product support unless the customer report bugs using our JIRA system. We at vBulletin expect our customers to do the reporting work and we can't be bothered with filling out JIRA reports at vBulletin if you post in the forums or send us bug reports using any method except what we at vB deem appropriate for us."

You aware this is pretty much how every software development company works? you have a problem/bug you file a bug report just how the software development industry works... have a bug with Apple's iOS you file a bug report, you have a problem with Mac OS X you file a bug report... You don't want to file a bug report when you have issues so that it can be investigated and fixed then you have no business buying any software...
              ------------------------------------------
              Steve
              DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
              CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
              TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
              Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53893[/ATTACH]

You do realize that Jelsoft, used to requre you to report bugs as well? Right? Infact you've reported two in the past yourself in the old project tools.

Comment

• m0rgulvale
                  • Jun 2008

proper QA should prevent bugs from happening to begin with.

the QA team of vbulletin should be finding and stopping these bugs. who finds more bugs, customers, or vbulletin QA? is it a failure of the QA team for a customer to find a bug that the QA team didn't notice?

if you want customers to report bugs, pay them for their time debugging the faults vbulletin is responsible for

when i pay for software, i expect it to work, no bugs.. so... here is a list of software, arguable much more complex than mobile suite, that i purchased and never once encountered a severe bug:
                  1) ms word (it just works)
                  2) ms excel (it just works)
                  3) photoshop (it just works.... an amazing engineering accomplishment.. this is complex too)
                  4) windows 7 (never once had to report a bug in the entire OS! been working fine for me)
                  5) kaspersky internet security 2011 (dont remember ever having to report bugs... works great)

so why is it that vbulletin mobile suite is the only software i have ever purchased that has had so many bugs?

here are some possible answers:

1) the QA team isn't doing much
                  2) vbulletin is trying to save money, having customers report the problems

for open source software, i'm OK with reporting bugs. it was free after all.

this is *not* the case here.

thoughts ?

thanks
                  Last edited by m0rgulvale; Mon 4 Jul '11, 12:14pm.

Comment

• SteveLV702
                    • Aug 2009

okay lets ask Apple to pay their customers to find bugs, lets have Microsoft pay their customers to find the millions of bugs they have... the problem is your logic makes no sense...... every software has bugs but not every customer will suffer from all the bugs and if developers are unable to reproduce bugs then nothing they can do about it hence why almost ALL companies have a bug tracker and ask that you file bug reports... This system is not just related to vBulletin almost all companies use this system...

You can have a program where only experience a issue if you hit left arrow, up key, a, d, m, right arrow and can cause system to crash and only does it if in that exact order now developers could be checking for bugs and never find this but if a user reports it they can fix the issue if don't report it never fixed cause developers never know about it...

So in short if you have a problem report it and stop whining about the process that 98% of companies use... wasted more time whining and could have easily filled 1,000 reports in time you wasted whining.
                    Steve

Comment

• SteveLV702
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by m0rgulvale
                      proper QA should prevent bugs from happening to begin with.

the QA team of vbulletin should be finding and stopping these bugs. who finds more bugs, customers, or vbulletin QA? is it a failure of the QA team for a customer to find a bug that the QA team didn't notice?

if you want customers to report bugs, pay them for their time debugging the faults vbulletin is responsible for

when i pay for software, i expect it to work, no bugs.. so... here is a list of software, arguable much more complex than mobile suite, that i purchased and never once encountered a severe bug:
                      1) ms word (it just works)
                      2) ms excel (it just works)
                      3) photoshop (it just works.... an amazing engineering accomplishment.. this is complex too)
                      4) windows 7 (never once had to report a bug in the entire OS! been working fine for me)
                      5) kaspersky internet security 2011 (dont remember ever having to report bugs... works great)

so why is it that vbulletin mobile suite is the only software i have ever purchased that has had so many bugs?

here are some possible answers:

1) the QA team isn't doing much
                      2) vbulletin is trying to save money, having customers report the problems

for open source software, i'm OK with reporting bugs. it was free after all.

this is *not* the case here.

thoughts ?

thanks
                      ha windows 3.1 through windows 7 have millions of bugs its the buggiest software/os on the planet..... (blue screen of death anyone) then got the Microcrap XBox 360 with the red rings of death... I also have Microsoft Word and Excel and have encountered a few bugs not very many its a lot better then use to be but still plenty of bugs.... Just because you have not encountered in these softwares doesn't mean they don't exist and other people don't experience them just like vb you have issues I have never had any problems....

All depends on customers and their setup........ They can't get all 100% of bugs and satisfy everyone...
                      Steve

Comment

• m0rgulvale
                        • Jun 2008

the vbulletin QA team should be finding the bugs before the customers do.

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

So whats you incentive to not report the bugs that you find annoying? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_assurance

QA's job is to make sure that under normal cirumstances the software is operating in the manner it should. I can say that more or less it is. The QA guys here work pretty hard, and they often catch mistakes. They can't be held accountable for every single bug that is in the software.

Comment

• m0rgulvale
                            • Jun 2008

the reason i am resistant to reporting bugs is that i feel the problems are not those for customers to solve in the first place. vbulletin QA / Programmers should be finding all of the bugs in my opinion. additionally i find the bug reporting process somewhat tedious. too many fields to fill in.

here is an idea:
                            for each bug found by a customer, give them a $20 credit towards future purchases. reward customers for the time they put in finding and reporting bugs. i don't want to waste my time on this unless i get something in return.

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

We're not asking you to fix the bugs, mearly REPORT that you're getting them. Your reward for reporting bugs is getting them fixed sooner rather than later.

If it is so much of a waste of time to report the bug, why do you waste time ranting about not reporting bugs?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...