X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m0rgulvale
    • Jun 2008

apple rejects - bugs - "invalid api signature"

Jun 28, 2011 03:23 PM. From Apple.

We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3.3, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

When we enter in the demo credentials and tap the Login button, an alert is displayed with a message that states, "Invalid API Signature" Please refer to the attached screenshot/s for more information.

What is the cause of the problem?

i wanted to add something else here...

when i go to Review my app, the API key *is* the exact same API key in my vbulletin site

the vbulletin website is showing the correct API key

but.... when i download the binary, I can't find the API key when searching in hex editor

Last edited by m0rgulvale; Tue 28 Jun '11, 5:38pm.
  • worried
    • Dec 2008
    • 4.2.X

I'm not sure what the problem was. Did you test the app before submitting it? I submitted an app that crashed from the get go and they still approved it. I guess not every person at apple actually test the apps. Anyways, I'm interested to find out what your problem was.

Comment

• m0rgulvale
      • Jun 2008

no i didnt test it. not convenient having to keep borrowing my wife's iphone. ideally i shouldn't need to test anything -- things should just work.

any idea what is wrong here vbulletin?

i want to reiterate that the API key is *not* found in the binary in a hex editor. i did change API keys.

vbulletin website is showing the correct API key (e.g. I did correctly enter the new API key before compiling and downloading).

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Do you have any htaccess files in your vbulletin folder, or doing anything to vBulletin?

Comment

• m0rgulvale
          • Jun 2008

yes. nothing changed in the htaccess files between the old mobile app (which worked) and the new one.

is it expected for the binary file "9c193b0b591" to not have my API encoded in it in plaintext? im not seeing the API key anywhere in that file. in the old version i did see my API key in the file

Comment

• worried
            • Dec 2008
            • 4.2.X

I'm using my wife's iphone too. She doesn't know I bought it for her so I could test out my apps. I agree with you too--"things should just work."

Comment

• m0rgulvale
              • Jun 2008

if something doesn't work, it better be my fault at least. what is more frustrating that anything is problems beyond my control (e.g. bugs, etc.). i'm hoping this problem ends up to be my fault.

Comment

• SteveLV702
                • Aug 2009

weird cause Im running 1.1.2 of my apps on my phone and working just fine......
                ------------------------------------------
                Steve
                DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• m0rgulvale
                  • Jun 2008

im wondering if this is a vbulletin bug with the app builder.

in the new version i changed API keys intentionally b/c i want to start charging for the app and lots of ppl had downloaded free version

vbulletin, please look at the app builder .. u will see the API key i put ... can you please confirm this was correctly placed in the output binary? i don't think it was..

Comment

• worried
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 4.2.X

One of the downloads vB sent me was corrupt. It compiled okay and iTunes connect even accepted it. Now, I test all my upgrades before submitting.

Comment

• m0rgulvale
                      • Jun 2008

unreal. looks like the vbulletin compiler last time didn't update my files lol.

i tried recompiling again now i think it worked.

apikey found @ offset 188b69

more time wasted, next time ill spend extra time to make sure thing work (that i shouldn't need to waste time checking)

Comment

• worried
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 4.2.X

Been there. Know how it feels.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...