X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnscanlan2
    • Sep 2010
    • 4.0.x

Real confused

My Android application was a piece of cake. Trying to fogure out how to get my app on iTunes has been a major trip.

Here is where I am stuck:

1. To request an iOS Distribution Certificate, you first need to generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) utilizing the Keychain Access application in Mac OS X Leopard. The creation of a CSR will prompt Keychain Access to simultaneously generate your public and private key pair establishing your iOS Developer identity. Your private key is stored in the login Keychain by default and can be viewed in the Keychain Access application under the “Keys” category. To generate a CSR:
    2. In your Applications folder, open the Utilities folder and launch Keychain Access.
    3. In the Preferences menu, set Online Certificate Status Protocol (OSCP) bla bla bla

I can not find the "Keychain Access application" on my PC. I fear I have lost some brain cells trying to figure this out.

HELP!!!!
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

You need to have a macintosh in order to do this.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Johnscanlan2
      • Sep 2010
      • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Lynne
      You need to have a macintosh in order to do this.
      Bingo. How do I get my vB Mobile app set up for my iPhone members with my PC? I have read the directions a million times and I get to the "keys" stuff and I am dead in the water. The question is. Will my Forum members ONLY have access (and me) with Android?

If that is a false statement ( I believe it is) then I am for sure stumped. 67 yrs old w/ a PHD and I am stumped. LOL Time to retire.

Thanks Lynne

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

You cannot do this on a PC. You really do need a macintosh OS to do this. This is from the vbulletin.com/mobile page:

Additional Requirements & Instructions
        vBulletin Mobile Publisher will provide easy to use customization tools and highly detailed instructions for the following requirements: Apple Developer Account & Mac Computer and Android Marketplace Account

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• Johnscanlan2
          • Sep 2010
          • 4.0.x

Thanks Lynne. Well OK. Wow. I hate to break this news to my members. Thanks for yur help.

Comment

• Ace
            • Apr 2004
            • 4.2.X

You could always go out an buy a copy of Leopard (assuming it's still sold? I have no idea..) and then run it in a VMWARE or other virtual environment on your PC.
            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Johnscanlan2
              • Sep 2010
              • 4.0.x

Can a third party developer do this for me?
              Once the app is up loaded and completed using a hired hand, other than updates will this option work?
              I hate to run out and purchase a mac just so I can manage my one vBulletin Forums Mobile app.

Might just be cheaper to find a used apple laptop.

What say you?

Greatly appreciate this help from a long time vBulletin Software user.

John

Comment

• Ace
                • Apr 2004
                • 4.2.X

I'd have thought that buying the software would have been significantly less expensive than buying a used laptop, but could be mistaken.

A 3rd-party dev could do it for you I imagine.
                My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Yes, you could have somebody else do this for you. They would need access to your Apple Developer Account.

Comment

• Johnscanlan2
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 4.0.x

Thanks for the responses. I will purchase the software as suggested. This seems the best option. Thanks folks for your help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...