Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m0rgulvale
    • Jun 2008

revoke app

i couldnt find the answer to this on apple, not sure if someone here knows...

stupid question:
    lets say i release a free version of my app and a bunch of people download it...

if i wanted to charge for the app in the future, would it be possible to "revoke" the app so that people who got it free can't use it anymore without paying?

just want to be sure on this

thanks
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

As far as I know, if you make an app free, it'll always be free. I'm not sure if there is anyway to remove a listed application.

Comment

• m0rgulvale
      • Jun 2008

thanks zachary. yah that is what i would think too. once they have the binary file on their phone i would assume it would always work for them

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

To remove an application from sale in the App Store, click the Rights and
        Pricing button for your app, uncheck all App Store territories then click Save
        Changes. Your application state will change to Developer Removed From Sale, will
        no longer be for sale in the App Store and will remain off the store unless you
        put it up for sale again by the same method.

There is no way to remove the app itself from the app store. You might be able to change your api key in the future.
        Which would block access, but I don't think that is really the best solution.

Comment

• m0rgulvale
          • Jun 2008

yah i did the above to remove it already

Comment

• worried
            • Dec 2008
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
            http://gamesalad.com/forums/topic.php?id=9251

There is no way to remove the app itself from the app store. You might be able to change your api key in the future.
            Which would block access, but I don't think that is really the best solution.
            Thanks for those instructions. I was wondering how to remove an app myself.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...