X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acwatts
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

When we getting an updated version

I have users asking questions like "why can't I view pictures" what do I tell them. ? Problems like this should have been fixed quickly and new fixed version released as soon as possible. It's not like anyone at vb needs to test the software out first.
  • CEO254
    • Jan 2008
    • 4.1.x

I am wondering the same thing...
    <signature removed by staff>

Comment

• worried
      • Dec 2008
      • 4.2.X

I agree. There are way too many problems in this product to sit back and leave it as is. Not a single person on my forum says they like this product. If fact, they don't like it and prefer Tapatalk instead.

Comment

• SteveLV702
        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by worried
        I agree. There are way too many problems in this product to sit back and leave it as is. Not a single person on my forum says they like this product. If fact, they don't like it and prefer Tapatalk instead.

weird cause everyone that has downloaded mine loves it... Tapatalk never used it but looking at their site very expensive (overpriced) $1,798 and doesn't even include any updates that an existing $35/hr per update.......
        ------------------------------------------
        Steve
        DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
        CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
        TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
        Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• acwatts
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by SteveLV702
          weird cause everyone that has downloaded mine loves it... Tapatalk never used it but looking at their site very expensive (overpriced) $1,798 and doesn't even include any updates that an existing $35/hr per update.......
          Tapatalk is free for forum owners to install, and regular updates come quick and free, users pay around $2 to install on their phones. All people want is a way of browsing forums on a mobile phone via an application, they don't care if it's branded or not. Most of my mobile app users are using Tapatalk as everything they need is already working in Tapatalk.

Comment

• worried
            • Dec 2008
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by SteveLV702
            I haven't paid anything for Tapatalk. I installed it for free more than a year ago and my iphone users downloaded the $2-3 app. It's not perfect but at least you get the latest unread posts and working picture attachments--our forum is heavy on pictures. So far my members have no incentive for using vB's app when they already have something that works better.

Comment

• m0rgulvale
              • Jun 2008

security is the most important feature in a product. without security , it means nothing.

tapatalk has had some truly horrific security flaws:

http://androidforums.com/site-updates-announcements/122121-tapatalk-support-has-been-pulled.html

http://www.tapatalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11665#post11665

i would never install this based on the above ^... in fact, if someone paid me money to install tapatalk... i wouldn't. that is how important security is to me.

that being said, vbulletin mobile suite has some really bad bugs... which there is simply no excuse for i'm sorry.

e.g. registration doesn't work with captcha on, and it's not possible to access password protected forum boards on iphone

there needs to be better quality assurance testing...

if i was the manager of this project, the very first thing i would have tested is that registration works. it is arguably the most important feature on a forum

please get the basic things fixed... keep it simple. basic things need to work, don't focus on adding new features. don't release products that haven't been tested in-depth.

i am not trying to be negative - i just expect basic things to "work", as anyone else in my shoes would.

thanks
              Last edited by m0rgulvale; Sun 5 Jun '11, 10:46am.

Comment

• acwatts
                • Aug 2005
                • 3.8.x

One dir at 777, any user could make that happen by mistake, if security is important to you why did you install vb, how many patches has there been for vb. ??

Comment

• m0rgulvale
                  • Jun 2008

vbulletin has had its share of flaws, i agree. sql injection never an excuse for that. mainly chosen b/c other forums simply didn't have enough critical features. at the time 3.8.x line relatively stable for security. i am fairly confident in the 3.8.x series and doubt i will ever be upgrading.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...