Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • D2S
    • Apr 2005

I paid, received nothing and started a claim at PayPal

I just bought the Mobile Suite, I paid the $199 USD via PayPal and hace received NOTHING in return. No file, no link, no nothing. When I asked via ticket system where would I download the file, giving them all the purchase information, I received a simple "There are no valid licenses under this account." and that is it. After asked for more explanations and telling them that I felt scammed, vBulletin did not answer anymore.

I started a claim in PayPal so I can have my money back. I hope I did not waste my money for nothing.

BTW. My forum has a full 4.x CMS license: latrinchera.org, and this is this the first time I have a serious problem with vBulletin.
  • SteveLV702
    • Aug 2009

you just purchased? it can take a few hours to process order..
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• D2S
      • Apr 2005

It has passed more than 24 hours:

Item Title: vBulletin Order
      Item Number: ************
      Date: 02/06/2011
      Time: 12:58:50 PDT

Comment

• SteveLV702
        • Aug 2009

did you send vbulletin copy of paypal receipt with transaction number so they could verify payment and manually add your order?
        Steve

Comment

• D2S
          • Apr 2005

I gave them everything, they just stopped the communication without any further explanation.

Comment

• SteveLV702
            • Aug 2009

try messaging them again....
            Steve

Comment

• D2S
              • Apr 2005

It is useless and frustrating, I'll leave this to PayPal to solve... I started this topic just to warn others about this.

Comment

• acwatts
                • Aug 2005
                • 3.8.x

Have you logged in to the member area and checked there.

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

vBulletin isn't a rip-off company or a scam, send a support ticket in and I am sure they will pick this up, it will be either human error or system error. You can be certain of that.
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------
                  My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                  My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by acwatts
                    Have you logged in to the member area and checked there.
                    I believe he mentioned above it said "there are no valid licenses in your account" so assuming he has.. but you know what they say about that

Originally posted by Mark.B
                    vBulletin isn't a rip-off company or a scam, send a support ticket in and I am sure they will pick this up, it will be either human error or system error. You can be certain of that.
                    Exactly and furthermore it's the fact some are patient and some not, it could be due to your schedule, your temperament, anything I nor anyone else knows about nor care to know honestly however being this upset over something and having a "giving up" attitude in the end when you've been a member since 2005 is certainly not the way to "get your way" or your merchandise/product/service for that matter. I do see where your coming from so I can understand but at the same time you need to bear with them, sometimes any ordering system can make mistakes and if anything this thread will make someone on staff have a look so either way your covered just give it time.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
                    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by D2S
                      I just bought the Mobile Suite, I paid the $199 USD via PayPal and hace received NOTHING in return. No file, no link, no nothing. When I asked via ticket system where would I download the file, giving them all the purchase information, I received a simple "There are no valid licenses under this account." and that is it. After asked for more explanations and telling them that I felt scammed, vBulletin did not answer anymore.

I started a claim in PayPal so I can have my money back. I hope I did not waste my money for nothing.

BTW. My forum has a full 4.x CMS license: latrinchera.org, and this is this the first time I have a serious problem with vBulletin.
                      Filing a dispute really won't get your issue looked at faster, instead of filing a dispute, you should have either bumped the ticket (not normally recomended) or started another. Or at least give us some time to get back to you. We're aware of the issue and we're looking into the problem. Sorry that was no communicated.

Comment

• acwatts
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by TheLastSuperman
                        I believe he mentioned above it said "there are no valid licenses in your account" so assuming he has.. but you know what they say about that
                        But it says order Status = Completed, and he's running VB 4.1.2 suite. ?

Comment

• D2S
                          • Apr 2005

you should have either bumped the ticket (not normally recomended) or started another.
                          I did both. I started the claim only after trying to solve this in the normal way, but after not receiving any answer from you, I wouldn't stay waiting when there was not sign that you were even reading my messages.

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

There are no other responses in your 1074386 ticket besides the first two, made at the same time. I'm not sure how that counts as bumping?
                            You also have no other open tickets in regards to the matter.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                              Former Customer Support Manager
                              • Jul 2000

You have received your license.

FWIW this was a problem on our end. The Sales Staff s investigating this.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment