X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pelican
    • Aug 2004
    • 3.6.x

Originally posted by SteveLV702
    Apple opens app nothing appears they think its broken and your app gets rejected..... so not a good solution/idea..... I like the in-app purchase option while Apple takes 30% 70% is better then nothing cause using the user groups way to bypass in-app purchase is probably against Apple Developer agreement and could probably get your app rejected or removed if already in store... so I would rather just go ahead and go the legit way right off the bat.
    Or everyone is able to view/browse the forum with app for free but only premium user is able to successfully login and post. In this way, apple reviewing the app can browse with no problem. The concept is just similar to those mmorpg game app. Free user able to play game through app but premium user get to access more game area and special functionality. So it just depends how much api functionality vbulletin want to open to developer.

Comment

• SteveLV702
      • Aug 2009

ya my ideal solution would be

Lite (free version) that has ads and can only post 3 times per day, no pm and other restrictions

Pro (Paid version $1.99 or so) no ads, no restrictions

Then with the Lite version would like to see a $0.99 in-app purchase to remove ads and lift raise the restriction from 3 post a day to say like 10 posts a day with limited PMs.. or can do a in-app purchase of the $1.99 to remove ads and no restrictions....
      ------------------------------------------
      Steve
      DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• maximutt
        • Feb 2008
        • 4.0.x

Apple just gave us some good news:

Apple has quietly changed its guidelines on the pricing of In-App Subscriptions on the App Store. There are no longer any requirements that a...
        Last edited by maximutt; Sat 11 Jun '11, 5:21am. Reason: BUG: Posting links via Mobile App does not make links active on default

Comment

• maximutt
          • Feb 2008
          • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
          Is there a Feature Request in the Tracker for us to vote on?
          There is! Vote Now!
          Last edited by maximutt; Sat 11 Jun '11, 6:01am.

Comment

• tonmo
            • Dec 2004
            • 5.0.X

Voted.

Originally posted by maximutt
            Given this, I agree with pelican's approach. I don't need to offer an in-app subscription solution - just restrict certain forums to certain user groups, as I can online. If a member is a premium member, allow access. If not, they can always come to my site (outside of the app) and sign up. Then go back to the app and enjoy full access. That's my ideal solution.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...