• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m0rgulvale
    • Jun 2008

request about Installing Your App on your iPhone thread

hi team,

im up to this step

"* Open iTunes > Apps > drag and drop the newly resigned app the and adhoc provision profile into iTunes > connect your iPhone and sync"

from this thread

im having trouble understanding what to do here... can someone please explain further?

when i click the itunes button on my iphone, i dont see a button that says "apps"

says.. genius, ringtones, podcasts, audiobooks, itunes u, downloads

forgive me if this is a stupid question im new to this

so then i tried this::
    when i go to the mac and open itunes application there, and then go to Apps... im not able to drag and drop the *.app file that i resigned into itunes

so the question is, how exactly do i "drag and drop the newly resigned app the and adhoc provision profile into iTunes"

sorry if this is a dumb question

thanks
  • worried
    • Dec 2008
    • 4.2.X

when i click the itunes button on my iphone, i dont see a button that says "apps"
    iTunes on your Mac not your phone

so then i tried this::
    when i go to the mac and open itunes application there, and then go to Apps... im not able to drag and drop the *.app file that i resigned into itunes
    If i remember correctly, you should drop it into the open area where your downloaded apps are displayed in iTunes.

This is the same thing from a book:

Users receiving an ad hoc build should follow these steps:

1. Plug their iPhone or iPod touch into their Mac.
    2. Ensure that iTunes is running and can see their device (phone).
    3. Unzip the distribution archive file.
    4. Drag the provisioning profile onto the iTunes icon in the dock.
    5. Drag the application bundle file onto the iTunes icon in the dock.

If the user checks the Applications section of his iTunes library, he should now be able to see the new ("Ad-hoc”) application, and he can install it onto his iPhone or iPod touch in the normal way by syncing his device with iTunes.

Comment

• m0rgulvale
      • Jun 2008

thx got it to work

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...