X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by silkroad
    That bug report is titled "Raw HTML in announcements and custom user titles" ... which is interesting... but we are seeing HTML comments (not "RAW HTML", but I see where that could happen!) in posts edited by moderators.

(And we are not going to file any long Jira report on this since we paid for the code, and it is not some free, open source application we are using for free.)
    Okay then, you can enjoy your bug until someone reports it.

Comment

• silkroad
      • Sep 2000
      • 3.7.x

No, we unpublished the app in the Android market.

It is not "our bug".. it is your (vBulletin's) bug.

We are not your alpha testers. If you want that, you need to give it away for free and not charge for it.

Comment

• tnedator
        • Aug 2007

Any ETA on this being released for us to publish on the Android marketplace?
        BroncosForums.com - Broncos Fan Forum
        Total Broncos - Denver Broncos Blog and News

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by silkroad
          No, we unpublished the app in the Android market.It is not "our bug".. it is your (vBulletin's) bug.We are not your alpha testers. If you want that, you need to give it away for free and not charge for it.
          But if we are not getting this, and no other users are getting this, its hard to replicate and we have no clue why its happening or how to fix it. How can you expect us to fix it?

Comment

• CtrlAltDel
            • Oct 2002
            • 5.3.x

After gingerbread update to phone and updating the android app for this site, it won't let me login. Keeps telling me invalid username or password. I had to fire up firefox on my droid to login and post this.

Ed. New app update just downloaded, was able to login just fine now.
            Last edited by CtrlAltDel; Sat 11 Jun '11, 10:38am.

Comment

• punchbowl
              • Nov 2006
              • 4.0.x

i'm having a lot of issues atm. not sure if it oculd be anything to do with the https but I got 'unknown user" @ home then "entity id is missing" when trying to view any threads

Comment

• Uberguilds
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Zachery
                Okay then, you can enjoy your bug until someone reports it.
                Don't wonder why users are upset when you say things like this.

"Sorry we have no idea how to test anything so enjoy the bugs"

That's called lousy, and you're pals are bringing it to the table; contributing to our hostility.

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Uberguilds
                  Don't wonder why users are upset when you say things like this.

"Sorry we have no idea how to test anything so enjoy the bugs"

That's called lousy, and you're pals are bringing it to the table; contributing to our hostility.
                  If we cannot replicate, or re-produce a bug, and the person expirencing it refuses to report it, how can we even begin to trouble shoot or debug it?

Comment

• Uberguilds
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Zachery
                    If we cannot replicate, or re-produce a bug, and the person expirencing it refuses to report it, how can we even begin to trouble shoot or debug it?
                    Do I have to report quotes not working? Or is this something that has to be tested by the brilliant minds of the internet before it comes to your attention?

There are issues that are so fundamental that it is frustrating to everyone. Even when there are reports in, WHERE IS OUR UPDATES?

$300 for what exactly? My users would rather use the web based mobile skin than this. I see that Tapatalk, Forumrunner, and a mobile skin is not sufficient enough for my needs. Am I to believe that I'm absolutely retarded for thinking vbulletin mobile is even an option? Whose fault is it that a high-priced product is worse than a vbulletin.org mobile style? Certainly isn't the community leader's fault, and it especially isn't our fault that you have to make your job harder on yourself by being....like that kid floris who raged over to Xenforo because he doesn't think. (lol zend)

It would be nice to have a "Hail Mary" update in the next few weeks. Again, we want to see results, products, something tangible that we can use to create larger communities or compliment what's already been proven to be successful.

If it's an afterthought about having more than 200 pages and scrolling to the right for last unread post in an annoying fashion every time you click into a thread, there is a fundamental issue.

If I'm to create a drupal site with facebook comments because the most successful social media platform is on their way out, we better hope to god IPB can step-up to the plate.

This is the most important time for a SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM to shine, not fumble.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Uberguilds; Sat 11 Jun '11, 9:20pm.

Comment

• m0rgulvale
                      • Jun 2008

Do I have to report quotes not working? Or is this something that has to be tested by the brilliant minds of the internet before it comes to your attention?
                      exactly uberguilds, couldn't agree with your post more.

Comment

• MikeF
                        • Jan 2006

Since the "Unexpected server response" message is likely due to third-party hooks, why isn't there a way to disable all hooks except Internet Brands supported stuff when the Mobile App is loaded? This is good food for thought, since most sites that have reached big milestones are reliant on 3rd party apps for one function or another. I would like to see this feature in vBulletin options if you have the API active.

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

If you're running vB3, then the mobile api is tied to plugins sadly.
                          If you're on vB4, you could test your site with your plugins disabled for only you
                          PHP Code:
                          if($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] == "ip")

//$config['Misc']['debug'] = 1;

define("DISABLE_HOOKS"true);

You can add that to your config file and use your ip address in place of ip. Then since only you have your plugins disabled, test the issue.

Comment

• MikeF
                            • Jan 2006

Thanks Zachery. This is a good way to test. I am wondering if it will be possible to add a IF conditional for the app itself. I.E. IF the app is loaded, disable hooks. This would solve most peoples problems with the App practically overnight. Since the app interface is way different from accessing the actual website, you're going to expect people to just want to disable 3rd party apps for people using the mobile app and not the actual browser site.

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

Not easily that I am aware of

Comment

• Kyle Furlong
                                • Jan 2011

Do I have to report quotes not working? Or is this something that has to be tested by the brilliant minds of the internet before it comes to your attention? ...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...