X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clutchthese
    • Apr 2011
    • 3.8.x

how to submit an update after 1.0.1?

I'm trying to submit an update to the iOS app, but can't figure out how to change the version number. There is no input field on vbulletin customer area to change the version number...you can't do it via terminal...Anyone have ANY idea how to do this?

I submitted a ticket to vbulletin asking if THEY would package the app with an updated version number and zachary replied with "If you wait 24 hours you SHOULD be able to re-upload the same version as a new version. However we will not specifically increment the version numbers."

Am i missing something? I'm fairly competent...but am lost with this. How are we supposed to change anything? Just sit and wait for vBulletins update to come while our 1 year period ticks by?

Sincerely,
    me
    BMW M3 Enthusiast - m3fever.com
    Gamer/Modder - stealthygaming.com
  • worried
    • Dec 2008
    • 4.2.X

I had the same problem. This will help: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBM-1344

Comment

• clutchthese
      • Apr 2011
      • 3.8.x

OH awesome...now why didn't zachary just link this in the email? clearly there is a disconnect between people on the support side.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by clutchthese
        OH awesome...now why didn't zachary just link this in the email? clearly there is a disconnect between people on the support side.
        We are not aware of every single bug report in the system. We do our best to be aware of the major ones, but sometimes we overlook some or just never ran into one and so weren't aware of it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• clutchthese
          • Apr 2011
          • 3.8.x

Umm, this isn't exactly a bug...it's a way of actually updating your app. This should be a sticky for sure. People will ALWAYS want to submit an update to their app for any reason...and to do this, you WILL need to update the version number. You CAN NOT update your app with the same version number.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            Former Customer Support Manager
            • Jul 2000

Actually it is a bug that is scheduled to be fixed in 1.1.0.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...