Seeing its new and apparently buggy, why $199!!!?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arkham
    • Mar 2001
    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by scottct1
    I have the branded version of ForumRunner and it has been with every penny I paid for it.

The vBulletin mobile suite is a joke with all the hoops you need to jump through to get it to work, besides buying it you also need the $99 developer account to submit the app, and then even after you $300 into things there is nothing saying apple will even approve your app for release (as we have seen here a number of times in this very forum)

With ForumRunner I never had to worry if my app was ever going to be done or get released.

It works and works well, additionally it supports the iPhone, iPad and android. It was money well spent.
    I agree that ForumRunner is one of the best (3) options, but for iVersion and Android you're still paying at least $349 per year. My suggestion is that you don't pursue the price-comparison side of the argument.

Comment

• silkroad
      • Sep 2000
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Arkham
      I agree that ForumRunner is one of the best (3) options, but for iVersion and Android you're still paying at least $349 per year. My suggestion is that you don't pursue the price-comparison side of the argument.
      We might go for the ForumRunner option after dropping Tapatalk in anticipation of the, now very disappointing, vB mobile suite, which we paid for and are now not using due to the bugs and poor (almost non-existent) customer support.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by silkroad
        We might go for the ForumRunner option after dropping Tapatalk in anticipation of the, now very disappointing, vB mobile suite, which we paid for and are now not using due to the bugs and poor (almost non-existent) customer support.

What qualifies as non-exsistant customer support? You having to report bugs to the bug tracker? Or something else?

Comment

• Mihalis
          • Nov 2008

Does anyone remembers how Tapatalk was or so many other apps when they first came out in the market? The bugs, the functionality, the looks... hmmm but somehow it seems that vBulletin must be an exception. Super duper from day 1. Software has bugs... thats the way it is. Even iOS has bugs and people report them to Apple... or maybe Apple is open source and we don't know? People nag because they have to file a bug report? I think its plain and simple, if you don't like it... don't buy it.

Comment

• Arkham
            • Mar 2001
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Mihalis
            Does anyone remembers how Tapatalk was or so many other apps when they first came out in the market? The bugs, the functionality, the looks... hmmm but somehow it seems that vBulletin must be an exception. Super duper from day 1. Software has bugs... thats the way it is. Even iOS has bugs and people report them to Apple... or maybe Apple is open source and we don't know? People nag because they have to file a bug report? I think its plain and simple, if you don't like it... don't buy it.
            Look through the old posts on the Tapatalk mod thread on vbulletin.org. Nothing is ever perfect on day one. (Well, except maybe my wife.)

Comment

• edytwinky
              • Aug 2007
              • 3.8.x

Yes ive submitted a couple tickets and havent heard anything besides "duplicate ticket" or something similar.

Ive been very disappointed with the product and would have expected more for the price. Do NOT buy folks until bugs are taken care of

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

You have 3 tickets in the system, nothing says duplicate. Its possible you mean the bug tracker, if you reported a bug that is already reported, then that means it was already entered. Your bug report should still contain a link to the original bug report.

Comment

• Mihalis
                  • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Arkham
                  Look through the old posts on the Tapatalk mod thread on vbulletin.org. Nothing is ever perfect on day one. (Well, except maybe my wife.)
                  I know m8. Thats what i am trying to point out with my message.

Comment

• m0rgulvale
                    • Jun 2008

@Mihalis, the severity of the bugs here are unacceptable. let me give you an example. the current version of mobile suite for iphone doesn't let members register on the forum when captcha is enabled. how on earth do you release a product where registration doesn't work on a forum w/ captcha? that is arguably the most important feature on a forum. that would be like releasing a free email service and not letting users sign up.

the very basic things weren't tested here. or maybe they were tested, and vb already know they didn't work, but management forced the devs to release a buggy product. it had to be either one or the other , right?

it is not possible to access password protected boards on iphone... guess what, my site largely depends on that. i can't release this until they fix the issue.

most software doesn't have such bad and obvious bugs day 1 in my experience.

never had a single issue with thunderbird,firefox, chrome, putty, filezilla, kaspersky and those are all free except kaspersky and relatively complex programs.....

thanks

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

I can honestly tell you, not a single one of those things were reported by any user of the software during beta testing, that I am aware of.

Comment

• m0rgulvale
                        • Jun 2008

k. then people did a bad job testing. it would be quality assurance 101 to verify that registration works on a forum. shouldn't need to resort to have users test either. vbulletin should test everything works before releasing a product.

Comment

• Uberguilds
                          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Zachery
                          I can honestly tell you, not a single one of those things were reported by any user of the software during beta testing, that I am aware of.
                          You're testers are worthless, not your fault.

When Internet Brands rely heavily on the community to fix problems, than let us fix problems, with our hands.

If you want us to tell you what to fix, than you should probably team up with forums that are large enough to give valued input.

You can't just sell a product and tell people to report issues so that you can make a stable product. It doesn't work like that and you should be embarrassed to even defend it.

vBulletin Mobile is an embarrassment, but I doubt any dignity is left from vB 4.0.

3.8 is the ONLY social media platform on the internet that matters, and you're time is ticking down.
                          Last edited by Uberguilds; Sat 11 Jun '11, 6:59pm.

Comment

• m0rgulvale
                            • Jun 2008

couldn't agree more, uberguilds. well put.

Comment

• Mihalis
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by m0rgulvale
                              @Mihalis, the severity of the bugs here are unacceptable. let me give you an example. the current version of mobile suite for iphone doesn't let members register on the forum when captcha is enabled. how on earth do you release a product where registration doesn't work on a forum w/ captcha? that is arguably the most important feature on a forum. that would be like releasing a free email service and not letting users sign up.

the very basic things weren't tested here. or maybe they were tested, and vb already know they didn't work, but management forced the devs to release a buggy product. it had to be either one or the other , right?

it is not possible to access password protected boards on iphone... guess what, my site largely depends on that. i can't release this until they fix the issue.

most software doesn't have such bad and obvious bugs day 1 in my experience.

never had a single issue with thunderbird,firefox, chrome, putty, filezilla, kaspersky and those are all free except kaspersky and relatively complex programs.....

thanks
                              I have captcha enabled in my forums, and new registration through iPhone app works just fine. Just tried it once more to be 100% sure b4 i post this message. I don't know why it doesn't work with yours.

I don't have password protected boards so i would not know to tell you about that.

Now, im not saying that everything is okay with vB mobile. There are many things that i don't like either, bugs to be fixed, and features to be added, in order to be really competitive with much more expensive options like for ex. Tapatalk. But to be honest, i don't except from vB to have thought everything b4 they release this product, cause that would take for ever. Should they have tested it more b4 final release? Yes no doubt. But now it is released and nagging about it wont fix things. I submit bugs to many different projects, i even submit bugs to iOS 5, and it doesn't bother me. And of course vB should not put the bug reporting responsibility to users for not knowing or not fixing bugs. It's their responsibility not ours, and i agree it shouldn't be used as an excuse.

Anyways, the point is that the vB mobile is out. If you don't like it don't buy it. If you bought it and you think it doesn't do what it says, ask your money back. IMHO reporting bugs and asking for more features will make the product better. I see essential features asked in Jira and people don't even vote for them.

Comment

• Arkham
                                • Mar 2001
                                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Uberguilds
                                You're testers are worthless, not your fault.
                                So you've verified that those specific complaints are confirmed as bugs, have you?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...