Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deschutes
    • Sep 2008

Photo Attchements?

When you click on attached photos in the mobile app (1.0.1) it just takes you to the post and does not open/enlarge them. Is this consistent with what others are seeing?
    Last edited by deschutes; Tue 17 May '11, 6:12pm.
  • af1racing
    • Jul 2006

yes, any attachments on our forum do not show either. Is this because they lack an actual .jpg extension?

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	3682248

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

I saw the image above in the vbulletin.com app OK.
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• deschutes
        • Sep 2008

All I see in my mobile app is inline/thumbnail images when they are attachments.. You can't select them to expand or view in any kind of way that makes them very legible. Has this not been reported? Should I create a Jira ticket?

Comment

• af1racing
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
          I saw the image above in the vbulletin.com app OK.
          so it could be a setting for attachments in admincp that will allow them to show?

Comment

• deschutes
            • Sep 2008

I have created a Jira bug report on this issue.... VBM-1343

Comment

• af1racing
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by af1racing
              yes, any attachments on our forum do not show either. Is this because they lack an actual .jpg extension?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52599[/ATTACH]

I fixed my issue. I set the "Unregistered / Not Logged In" usergroup to be allowed to download attachments and see thumbnails in the admincp. Why this affects logged in users in the mobile app, I can't tell you, but attachments are now showing in my app.

For the OP, I would suggest looking at similar settings. Also, attachment settings in the attachment manager (max size, resize, etc) and "show images inline" and "thumbnail creation" in "message attachment options" could have an effect.

Comment

• acwatts
                • Aug 2005
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by af1racing
                I fixed my issue. I set the "Unregistered / Not Logged In" usergroup to be allowed to download attachments and see thumbnails in the admincp. Why this affects logged in users in the mobile app, I can't tell you, but attachments are now showing in my app.

For the OP, I would suggest looking at similar settings. Also, attachment settings in the attachment manager (max size, resize, etc) and "show images inline" and "thumbnail creation" in "message attachment options" could have an effect.
                You are right, I can see thumbnails after clicking on the paperclip after changing setting to allow unregistered to view attachments. They still won't show full size though.

Comment

• worried
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 4.2.X

Why does vB's app work? Is it a different version? I'm checking this site on the Android and it works like expected. On the iPhone, the attachments open in Safari which I don't like--I'd rather it open in the app.

Comment