Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowlight
    • Mar 2001

Disabling forums

Before I submit the mobile app creation, I would like to disable certain forums from being accessed from it completely. This is to comply with guidelines to get a "G" rating (or whatever the equivalent is)

Is there a way to do this?
  • CK
    Banned
    • Mar 2010

This has already been answered in the other thread you have created. Having said that, what you could do is disable public viewing of certain forums, you cannot disable on the basis they're being viewed via the app though.
    Last edited by CK; Sat 14 May '11, 5:18am.

Comment

• lowlight
      • Mar 2001

Yes this is a double post, I'm not sure why you'd reply to both. Especially since you don't really understand the question

Thanks tho

Comment

• CK
        Banned
        • Mar 2010

Perhaps you could explain what you're asking for in detail, enlighten us.

Comment

• CK
          Banned
          • Mar 2010

You can disable forum viewing.

Per user via access masks
          Per usergroup via usergroup manager/permissions

You cannot disable viewing forums on the basis of viewing by app.

Comment

• KSoD
            • May 2011

Originally posted by lowlight
            Before I submit the mobile app creation, I would like to disable certain forums from being accessed from it completely. This is to comply with guidelines to get a "G" rating (or whatever the equivalent is)

Is there a way to do this?
            There is no way to disable certain forums from view in just the Mobile App compared to going to the site on your PC. The Mobile Suite uses the same permission groups as the ones already created and when that person signs in, or views the site as a guest, they see on the mobile suite what they will see as if they were at their PC just with a different interface.

So if you do not wish for someone to see a specific forum you will have to disable that forum from public view by guests or password protect it so that it can not be accessed and you can get the rating you want.

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

You could probably write a plugin to do what you want. I don't fully know what you want, so I can't get more specific. If you are going to write a plugin and need help with it, th eplace to ask is over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...