X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acwatts
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Mobile suite swap to vb 4

If I was to upgrade my forums to VB4 (Already own a license) can the mobile suite be swapped over from 3 to 4 rather than purchase yet another suite.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Additional products, like the older blogs, branding free, etc, and the new publishing suite, are tied to specific licenses. If that license gets upgraded, its associated products stay with it.

Comment

• acwatts
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.8.x

So as my mobile suite was bought for a vb3 license it would be useless if I upgraded my forums to vb4 as it would then have a different license.

At the moment I own

vb3 + mobile suite = one license (Main forum)

vb4 publishing suite = one license (Test forum)

What I am asking is if I made my main forum vb4 can the mobile suite be transferred to vb4, otherwise I would then be left with a vb3 + mobile suite that I won't be using.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Extra products like branding free, mobile suite, etc cannot normally be transfered between licenses.

Put in a support ticket to see if we can do something.

Comment

• Jasper Aguila
          • Aug 2010
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by acwatts
          So as my mobile suite was bought for a vb3 license it would be useless if I upgraded my forums to vb4 as it would then have a different license.

At the moment I own

vb3 + mobile suite = one license (Main forum)

vb4 publishing suite = one license (Test forum)

What I am asking is if I made my main forum vb4 can the mobile suite be transferred to vb4, otherwise I would then be left with a vb3 + mobile suite that I won't be using.
          If you've purchased the vBulletin Mobile Suite for vBulletin 3, you can utilize the same mobile license for vBulletin 4.

Comment

• SteveLV702
            • Aug 2009

If he upgrades the v3 license to a version 4 license what I think he/she is asking is if can transfer the mobile suite from the v3 license (main forum) to the v4 license (test forum)...... so without upgrading the v3 to v4...
            ------------------------------------------
            Steve
            DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
            CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
            TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
            Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...