Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • af1racing
    • Jul 2006

"There appears to be a connection issue between your device and YourForum"

I keep getting this error when trying to view a thread, PM, or notification. All the forums, thread titles, and message titles show up normally, but whenever I try to view an actual thread or message this error pops up. But if I log out the app works flawlessly. I've tried 2 different profiles to log in to, both admin and registered, and they both give the same communication error. Browsing all parts of the forum while not logged in gives no errors. Am I missing a forum permission, usergroup permission, or setting in the vbulletin options somewhere?

App is not live, I'm testing on my iphone.
    We are not using vbseo.
  • af1racing
    • Jul 2006

well, the app went from halfway working when logged in, to not being able to log in at all, and just now it works perfectly while logged in

I changed a bunch of user permissions in the adminCP, so perhaps that was the hold up

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

Interesting. Do you remember which permissions you changed? If it helped you, it may help others to know what made a difference for you.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• af1racing
        • Jul 2006

Nothing that I changed was with the intent of fixing the app. I installed the "Track Guests" plug in, so admin and mod permissions were set to view its log. I also turned off all permissions except viewing forums for unregistered/not logged in and guest profiles, and I set our Off Topic forum permissions to viewable for logged in users only.

I can't explain why the app worked perfectly while not logged in, since those user permissions above would have affected the app while not logged in. It's still working perfectly though, and I'm going to make it available to my coworkers now for further testing.

I do have to say it's brilliant now that it works!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...