cancel app in itunes already pending review?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • af1racing
    • Jul 2006

cancel app in itunes already pending review?

Long story short, I messed up and need to upload an edited version of the app to itunes. I can't find any option in itunesconnect or developer.apple to cancel an app that had been uploaded. I'm guessing I have to wait for it to be rejected?

So I made it through all the steps and finally uploaded my app to itunes 2 days ago and figured I'd play around with it while waiting for the approval. Hindsight, I should have put it on my iphone before uploading it, but oh well. Upon opening the app all the forums and subforums showed up, and I could access profile, notifications and messages, but trying to view any actual content or threads gives this error: "There appears to be a connection issue between your device and YourForum. Please try again."

From a search, the only others I saw getting similar errors were running vbseo. We're not running vbseo (yet), but I turned off all products anyway and tried again. Same error. Tracing back through all my steps there's about a 50/50 chance I uploaded the wrong API script to the root folder. We're running 3.8.4 Patch Level 2 and there's a good chance I uploaded the "381-384" folder rather than the "384pl1-387" folder. Figuring the API key I got was incorrect I uninstalled the API product, uploaded the correct API patch folder and re-installed. This gave me a new API key.

I then edited the apps in Mobile Publisher with the new API key, and also changed some colors that didn't come out as expected, and am waiting for them to become available. Not sure if there is an issue there, previously it only took 20 minutes for them to be produced but now it's been about 2 days. Anyway, once they new iphone app available I will resign it with an ad hoc profile and test on my iphone to ensure it's 100% before uploading to itunes. I would like to have it ready to go once the current app either gets rejected or if it is possible to cancel it while it is pending review.

Cliff notes:
    -Does anyone know how to cancel an app pending review in itunesconnect?
    -Can anyone confirm the communication error I was getting is related to an incorrect API key? That is, the forums, messages, profile etc are all visible, but attempting to access any actual content produces a communication error.
    -Is there an issue with the length of time it's taking for the now edited apps to become available in Mobile Publisher?
  • SteveLV702
    • Aug 2009

see screenshot

Click image for larger version

Name:	RejectBinary.png
Views:	1
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	3682186

https://itunesconnect.apple.com > select your app > View Details > Binary Details > Reject Binary
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• af1racing
      • Jul 2006

thanks! was overlooking the binary details button

Comment

• af1racing
        • Jul 2006

got the Mobile Publisher to finalize the edited app, I guess I needed to go through those steps again too. Confirmation link came 3 minutes later. Hopefully this works...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...