• Show
Clear All
  • zeek
    • May 2011
    • 4.1.x

upgrades to apps (what versions, how?)

hello,
    i must be missing something or can't find the right spot to get this info:

1) what is my current apps (android and ios) version number?
    2) there are upgrades happening -- what versions are the upgrades?
    3) i already have both apps in the market places, so what is the process to upgrade them? (step by step would be nice -- like the original instructions for creating the apps)

I'm just unsure/unclear of what exactly happens and the details to upgrade the apps.

thank!
  • KSoD
    • May 2011

To find out which version you are running on Android Devices:

Go to your Settings, Applications, Manage Applications and find the App for your site. Press it and it will bring up the info. Right under the name it will tell you the version number you currently have installed. I jsut did it and found that I have version 1.0.2 installed.

As for how upgrade are done, from what I read in this topic here, it is pretty much the same process to get upgrades done. You rebuild the app and submit it. From there I can only guess that the marketplace will tell you that an Upgrade is Available. I dont know as I have yet to compile version 1.0.3 for my site yet.

This is all just my guess on it though. I dont know for sure but this is what I am gathering will happen.

Comment

• GHST
      • Dec 2006
      • 4.1.x

I just did an upgrade for the android version. It was really easy. Simply log into the developer section of the android market and into the existing uploaded app. There is an option to upload a newer version. I also added a comment about a color change I performed and the language packs that were uploaded. I have yet to do that for iOS.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...