Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobII
    • May 2004

iOS App Rejected

We found that your app requires customers to register with personal information to access non-account-based features, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines.

Apps cannot require user registration prior to allowing access to app features and content that are not associated specifically to the user. User registration that requires the sharing of personal information must be optional or tied to account-specific functionality. Additionally, the requested information must be relevant to the features.

To appeal this review, please submit a request to the App Review Board

17.2: Apps that require users to share personal information, such as email address and date of birth, in order to function will be rejected

Version 1.0.0
    What should I do next?
  • Tekmiester
    • Apr 2008

Interesting... There is a way to bypess registering, but it is hidden at the bottom of the page. It looks like the tester did not notice.The fact that this is hidden that not even Apple can find it is a real problem.

Comment

• SteveLV702
      • Aug 2009

interesting cause alot of apps before vBulletin mobile require email address to function...
      ------------------------------------------
      Steve
      DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
      Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• bobII
        • May 2004

After paying $99 and spending two days getting it all ready to submit to Apple, I guessI just got a reviewer who did not see the option. Thanks for your help. I'll let them know about the option to bypass the registration

Comment

• punchbowl
          • Nov 2006
          • 4.0.x

bit confused here, does this mean if your board is closed to guests you can't have an app?

Comment

• bobII
            • May 2004

I think if the board is closed you can not have an iOS app. I think in my situation that the reviewer did not see the option to skip registration. I'll follow up when I get a response back from Apple. The Android app version was online in 30 minutes... Apple 10 days so far and right now it is still rejected. Be careful what you put on your Android phone, because anybody can sell an App and it does not even have to work. No review process. While Apple is a pain in the ass, I understand they are making sure the customer will not have any problems with their App.

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

Another good reason why I stay well clear of all things Apple.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• SteveLV702
                • Aug 2009

Another good reason why I stay well clear of all things Android.
                ------------------------------------------
                Steve
                DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• CK
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2010

Just provide Apple with a testing account they can log in with.

Something along the lines of
                  Username: Apple
                  Password: ApplePass1234

Comment

• Lynne
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Oct 2004

You can 'talk' to them about the issue by logging into the itunesconnect account, then go to Manage Applications > click on your application > then click on Resolution Center. You may send them a note or ask for more clarification there.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• acwatts
                      • Aug 2005
                      • 3.8.x

It should not just show a log in screen for the landing page, it needs to show the forums with buttons at the top of the page for register or login.

Comment

• punchbowl
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 4.0.x

Originally posted by acwatts
                        It should not just show a log in screen for the landing page, it needs to show the forums with buttons at the top of the page for register or login.
                        cheers. good clarification, so if we have can view forum yes, can view thread content no - we'll be fine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...